Hi everyone and welcome, it’s Sandy Diller here with you today sharing a card Just Bee-Cause. This is a nice way to stay in touch and say “hi” to someone you haven’t seen for awhile.
All you need to do is give a simple pull for your greeting to pop up —–
2. Score first panel at 6″ and then 8″. Score second panel at 2″ and then 4″. The score lines are hard to see on the photo – score where arrows are shown
3. Using the Beehive die set, cut the beehive.
4. Using the Bee die set, cut bee & wings (not shown) and the heart. Wings were later cut using vellum.
5. Using the Dotted Scallop Rectangle die set, cut one white panel and stamp with black ink using the Bee Sentiments Clear Stamp set.
6. Using the Honeycomb Die, cut one honeycomb.
7. Using the Bead Strings 2 die set, cut one string.
8. Using Soft Finish Cardstock, cut one panel that is slightly larger than the scallop piece (dark brown piece shown here). Cut one panel that measures 2.25″ X 6″ and another panel that measures 2″ X 6″.
9. Using the Alphabet 2 Lower Case die, cut the letters for the word “hi”.
10. Crease large panels at score lines.
11. On each panel add ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive to end sections only. See photo above.
12. Line up panels up with glue to the inside on each end. Glue two panels together. See photo above.
13. Using the embossing sandwich for your machine, emboss the Honeycomb die into the 2.25″ panel. Sand lightly to reveal white core of paper.
14. Using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, add color to honeycomb die cut (optional).
15. Place die cut on white panel and carefully cut away the honeycomb to reveal where it has been stamped. Glue in place.
16. Using Vintage Photo Distress Ink add color to edges of beehive (optional) and then glue to larger beehive piece.
17. Add dimensional tape or pop dots to back of beehive and place on white panel.
18. Add embossed panel to front of box section of card, add bead string across top of embossed panel.
19. Add white panel to darker panel and adhere to card front.
20. Assemble bee.
21. Add decorative edge to 2″ panel by cutting as shown above with the Dotted Scallop Rectangle die. (optional)
22. Decorate 2″ panel with bee and word making sure to keep inside the edges of the panel so nothing shows when card is closed.
23. Mark with a pencil just below the decorated section and then mark again at 2″ below that. Trim off excess paper at the bottom mark.
24. Make a score line from first mark to bottom corner. (as shown above) clip off corner.
25. Fold on score line and add adhesive as shown above.
26. Peel liner off tape and add to card. Note the arrows above, it is important to line these two points up. It should look like photo below when done.
To make the greeting pop up, place fingers on outside section on one side and inside section on the other (as shown by the arrows below) then pull. Have fun!