Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my JOY Christmas Card. The inspiration came from Susan’s Garden Notes Berry Spray and Frosty Fern dies. With those elements figured out, I added more with dies from ModaScrap, Els van de Burgt Studio and Joset Designs to finish it off. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Die cut four Frosty Ferns out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Forest Moss Distress Ink over the entire surface of all four ferns. (Note: Use a blending tool with foam and the specified ink for all inked surfaces and edges of die cut shapes in the steps that follow.)
2. Die cut four Berry Sprays out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Ground Espresso Distress Ink over the entire surface of all four.
3. Using the Snowflakes die set, cut the medium snowflake out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
4. Choose a piece of dot pattern paper from ModaScrap’s Xmas Vintage Paper Pack. Die cut a 2 1/4″ Stitched Circle from the patterned paper. Ink the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
5. Choose a second piece of dot pattern paper from ModaScrap’s Xmas Vintage Paper Pack. Using the letters J, O, and Y from the Blackboard Alphabet die set, cut the three letters. Ink the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
6. Die cut the 1 1/8″ Stitched Fishtail Banner from a scrap of ivory cardstock or tone-on-tone patterned paper. Repeat to notch the second end, cutting the finished banner to 4 3/8″. Ink the edges of the banner with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
7. Choose two more patterned papers from ModaScrap’s Xmas Vintage Paper Pack. Die cut the 4″ Dashing Rectangle out of one of the patterned papers. Die cut the 3 1/2″ Dashing Rectangle out of the second piece. Ink the edges of both with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.
8. Adhere the 3 1/2″rectangle to the 4″ rectangle. Adhere the snowflake to the middle of the 3 1/2″ rectangle.
9. Adhere the banner with foam squares..
10. Adhere two ferns and two berry sprays to the left and two ferns and two berry sprays to the right as shown above. (Stems all point toward the middle.)
11. Using foam squares for dimension, adhere the stitched circle. Adhere the letters, spelling out the word JOY.
12. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold to create an A2 top-fold card base.. Adhere the card front to the card base. Optional: To finish the card as shown, add Red/Gold Glitter Dots peel-offs to the berry sprays.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my JOY Christmas Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Ink in Ground Espresso and Forest Moss
- Blending Tool with Foam