Hi crafty friends, it’s Raquel here today. This card was inspired by a series of my son’s books called Frog & Friends. In one of the stories, Frog finds a balloon in his pond but he doesn’t know what it is. I am enjoying reading about Frog’s adventures with my son and I hope you enjoy this tutorial on how to make this card.
1. Cut yellow cardstock at 5.5 x 8.5 scored at 4.25 for a finished A2 sized card.
2. Cut white cardstock at 4.25 x 5.5. Place Accordion Oval Card die and oval companion die over the top of this white cardstock and die cut (see photo directly below).
This is how your white cardstock should now look.
3. Die cut 2 sets of the Oval Clouds Frame Edges from blue cardstock. Die cut Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz using same companion oval die from step 2 and emboss with Lots of Dots embossing folder. Die cut 2 sets of clouds from All Seasons Tree from white cardstock and sponge blue ink around edges of all white clouds. See photo below for all these pieces.
4. Run frame edges through your Xyron Create a Sticker machine to add adhesive on the back of each piece. Remove liners and adhere edges to your white cardstock from step 2. For your edges to line up perfectly, leave a small white frame around your oval (see close-up picture at the beginning of this post). Some areas of the frames will be sticky. Apply Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to sticky areas. Adhere white cardstock with edges to front of card base.
5. Die cut Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper from black cardstock, cut away excess paper and adhere to bottom right of card.
6. Adhere Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz inside oval opening on card base.
7. Use fine pointed tweezers to remove balloon Peel-off and adhere to white cardstock that has double-sided adhesive applied to it. Remove release sheet and cover Peel-off with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Color balloons with desired medium.
8. After coloring your balloons, cut them out using fine pointed scissors and adhere to center of card with pop dots or foam adhesive.
Here’s another picture of the finished card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
772 Accordion Oval Card
781 All Seasons Tree
906 Oval Clouds Frame Edges
937 Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper
2552 Balloons Peel-Off Sticker
639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
SS 0230 Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
E114 Lots of Dots Embossing Folder
501 Double Sided Adhesive
801 Fine Pointed Tweezers
802 Fine Pointed Scissors
Yellow, white and black cardstock
Xyron Create a Sticker
Spectrum Noir markers
Tempting turquoise Classic Ink Stampin’ Up!