Hello everyone, It’s Els van de Burgt here, excited to share this Hydrangea Oval Accordion Card with you today. For this card I included something of Karen’s Pop It Ups line, something of Susan’s Garden line and of course something of my own line, the Hydrangea Peel-offs.
I used Karen’s Accordion Oval Card because it’s the perfect fit for the Hydrangea and for Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Seeds of Thought stamp – “Take time to do what makes your soul happy.”
Here is how I created my card:
1. Die cut 2 accordion pages from green cardstock and 2 from blue dot pattern paper.
Place your two green pages in front of you with all tabs facing to the right. Adhere pages together using double sided adhesive on the long side tab of the left page. Trim long side tab and small tab around oval of the right page.
2. Trim the long side tab from the two blue dot accordion pages and cut out center oval.
Trim any other tabs from the two accordion pages so you’re left with just two frames.
Ink edges with green. Adhere frames to the inside of the accordion card. Adhere edges of oval with green as well and adhere them to the inside of the card on top of the green ovals.
3. Adhere a piece of transparent double sided adhesive to white cardstock large enough to fit Hydrangea Peel-off. Transfer peel-off onto the adhesive using a technique I’m demonstrating in one of my videos “Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers”. Once your peel-off is transferred, cover your peel-off with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and Brush off excess glitter. Color flowers with Copic markers or any alcohol marker. In the picture below you can see that I start with coloring the flowers with the aqua color and add darker blue to the center. Then I used my lighter aqua again to blend the two colors.
4. Carefully cut around Hydrangea. I like to use my fine pointed scissors. Adhere Hydrangea on oval of left accordion page as shown.
5. Stamp sentiment on watercolor paper using black Dye Ink. Using the largest oval accessory die, cut out sentiment. Add stitches using the stitches accessory die from the same set.
The reason why I’m adding the stitches, is when I’m decorating my oval with the Glitter Dots,
I can line then up nicely on the stitches.
6. Ink edges with green using a round blending tool with foam applicator. Make circular motion when adding the ink.
7. Add Glitter Dots around sentiment using the stitches for placement.
8. Adhere sentiment on oval of right accordion page as shown.
I love how this card turned out. Combining Karen’s and Susan’s designs with my own is so much fun. Have you seen the new Peel-offs yet that match the Accordion Star, Accordion Rectangle and Rectangle Pull Card? You can find all 3 new designs plus the new dies at our website www.ecraftdesigns.com.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Green cardstock – Bazzill
Patterned Paper – Graphic 45
Black Dye Ink – Memento
Distress Ink color Peeled Paint – Tim Holtz
Ink Blending Tool