Valentine’s Day is not far off! With all the dies in the new Elizabeth Craft Designs release, we can make the perfect cards for those special people. This is Selma Stevenson today, and I have used the new Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Hearts and Entwined Hearts die sets to create this card. Here is how the card was made:
- Use a 5 1/2 inch square card base. Cut a slightly smaller piece of cardstock for a raised panel on the front of the card. Using a Score Board, score around the edges of this piece to give it a raised edge, a nicely finished appearance.
- Use the second and third largest Stitched Hearts dies to create the pink heart that frames the patterned paper heart. Tape the two dies down on pink cardstock with the smaller heart centered inside the larger die. Run through die cutting machine.
- Using the third largest die in the Stitched Heart set, die cut a heart using a piece of patterned paper of your choice.
- Using the third largest die in the Stitched Heart set, die cut the shape in the center of the white card stock you will use for the raised panel.
- Glue the pink die cut heart over the die cut opening in the white panel, making sure all the die cut edges are even. Attach this panel to the front of the card with dimensional tape. (Place tape around outside edges, and around the edges of the die cut heart.)
- Glue the patterned paper Stitched Heart inside the raised die cut heart.
- Use Silver Line Peel Off Stickers to outline the inside edge of the die cut heart for a finished look.
- Use the Entwined Heart set to die cut all the silver hearts from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz or Shiny Silver Cardstock. There are 2 larger hearts and 6 small hearts that are die cut. (If using Shimmer Sheetz, you must use a metal adaptor plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate for die cutting. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube video if you are new to die cutting Shimmer Sheetz.)
- Use the Love Sentiments set to die cut “Hugs”, using silver Shimmer Sheetz or silver cardstock.
- Use the Moda Scrap Dancing Butterflies set to die cut a silver butterfly.
- Use the Susan’s Garden Notes Rose 2 die set to create three small roses. I used pink cardstock and shaded it with Susan’s PanPastels, to match the roses in the patterned paper I used. The flowers were shaped using Susan’s Flower Tool Kit.
- Use the Moda Scrap Leafy Branch 4 to die cut one branch from white card stock. Shape the leaves using Susan’s Leaf Tool in the Flower Tool Kit. Sponge on two shades of green ink.
- Assemble the card as shown. If using silver cording under the roses as shown, you will want to attach it before attaching the flowers.
- Add a Silver Peel Off Line Sticker to the bottom of the card for a final touch.
Have fun creating a beautiful card for that special someone!
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Soft Finish Cardstock in colors shown or colors of choice
Patterned paper of choice
Green inks of choice
Metal adaptor plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate (if using Silver Shimmer Sheetz)
Silver cardstock (if not using Silver Shimmer Sheetz)