Hello friends – Karen Aicken here with a fall themed Spiral Circle Pull Card. While I am in no way happy that summer is almost past, I did enjoy creating this card. It’s no secret that I love the Spiral Circle Pull Card – especially those notches that hold the card in the closed position. The recipient simply pulls the sides to open the card which reveals the surprise inside.
When this card is opened the leaves appear to be ‘flying off’ the bare tree, thanks to the spiral that comes with the Spiral Circle Pull Card.
- Let’s get started making the card. Cut the patterned paper 7-1/2 x 5-1/2″and score at 3-3/4″. Lay the Spiral Circle Pull Card die on the score line, with the circle portion on the left and the notches on the right. Use the alignment nubs for easy placement on the fold. Run it through your die cut machine then fold as shown.
2. Now cut the rest of your pieces:
- Die cut one All Seasons Tree from brown card stock
- Die cut spiral from a 3″ square of beige card stock and snip the end so the spiral comes away from the outer square. We will be using the spiral portion only.
- Die cut 3 circles from beige card stock, using the circle Accessory die that comes with the Spiral Circle Pull Card.
- Die cut one small circle from beige card stock, using the smallest circle Accessory die from Accordion Circle.
- Die cut 18 leaves (two at a time) from patterned paper. Alternativly you can use cream card stock and add colour with markers, PanPastels or inks. Highlight the centre vein with a marker on each of the leaves.
- Die cut the letters to spell AUTUMN from patterned paper, using the Alpha Caps – 1.
- Die cut the ‘hello’ from the Rectangle Pull Card, from a 2 x 1″ piece of black card stock. TIP: apply ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the black card stock before die cutting.
3. Ink the edges of one beige circle and adhere to the front of the card. Adhere the letters and hello as shown. Trace inside the letters with a fine point brown pen if desired. Adhere the smallest circle and two of the leaves to the top left of the card adding foam tape under one of the leaves.
4. Adhere the remaining two circles inside the card as shown, then adhere the tree on the right side avoiding the notches.
5. To attach the spiral inside the card, put strong adhesive on the open end of the spiral, and attach it to the right beige circle as shown. Then add strong adhesive to the opposite side of the spiral end and close the card. That will attach it so it remains hidden when the card is closed, but spirals open as the card is opened. Let dry. NOTE: often for Spiral Circle Pull Cards, you would attach the open end to the left and the widest end to the right. For this card though, I wanted the leaves to appear to be flying off the tree so attaching it this way made the most sense.
6. Adhere the leaves to the spiral and the circles as desired, using foam tape under some of them for dimension. TIP: Place one or two leaves on the end of the spiral that is attached over the tree branch to hide the end.
I hope you will try the Spiral Circle Pull Card – it is such a versatile die, fun to use and the finished cards are fun to receive!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Beige card stock
Fine Point Brown marker