It’s Frances here from Australia. Easter is only a week away, so today I am sharing an Easter Pop-Up card I created.
As you can see by the photo above, my pop-up card has a basket of brightly colored Easter Eggs on the inside. As I wanted to have some of my eggs inside a basket, the first thing I needed to do was create a basket … here is how I made it.
1. First up I took some tan card and die cut this using the Bamboo Trellis die. I also cut another piece from scraps so that I only had one set of diamonds along the side of the trellis (refer to photo above)
2. From the full bamboo trellis piece I turned the trellis on its side so that the long side was at the top and bottom. I trimmed the “sides” of the trellis down at angle. The bottom of my basket is approx 1 3/4″ and the top is 3 1/4.
3. Apply some adhesive to the scrap piece of trellis shown in the second photo above and attach this to the bottom of the basket shape cut in step 2. Sponge all the edges with tan ink.
4. Using the trellis basket as a pattern, trace and cut out another basket shape from tan card. Adhere the trellis basket to the solid basket.
5. To create the handle for the basket I used the largest circle die from the Accordion Circle Card set and the Accordion Circle Card page die. Place the large circle die into the center of the page die and die cut your circle from tan card. Trim any tabs from the circle frame we created and attach the circle handle to the inside of the basket.
Next it is time to create the eggs.
6. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet approx 4 inches x 6 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive and set aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere your Double Sided Adhesive sheet to a piece of white card the same size.
7. From the Small Eggs Peel-Off Sticker sheet remove 7 eggs and 3 butterflies (2 large & 1 small). Place these sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
8. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
9. Turn your card so that the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the adhesive. You have now transferred your outline sticker.
10. Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter Silk Microfine Glitter and Polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired. Cut out the eggs and butterflies.
12. Using the grass die from the Garden Bench Pop-Up die set, cut two pieces of grass from green card. Adhere this to the bottom of the basket.
13. Using the Four Bows Die set, cut the solid bow from orange card and the dotted bow from Light Blue Velvet Adhesive sheets. Assemble bow and place at top of basket using foam tape.
14. Cut your designer paper to 4 1/2 inches x 10 1/2 inches. Fold in half so that it measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 1/4 inches. Open up the designer paper again and place the Lots of Pops Pop-Up die so that the “nubs” of the die are in the centre and on the fold line. Use your die cutting machine to die cut the pop-up.
15. “Pop Up” the large center pop-up piece and the two side pop-ups … we don’t need the two smaller pop-ups at the top and bottom of the centre pop-up.
17. Cut a piece of orange card 4 1/2 inches x 11 1/2 inches. Fold in half so it measures 4 1/2 inches x 5 3/4inches.
18. Attach inner pop-up panel to the orange card, ensuring not to place any adhesive over the pop up areas (hint apply your adhesive to the pop-up piece not the base card)
19. Cut a piece of Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz to approx 5 inches x 6 inches. Emboss the Shimmer Sheetz using the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder. Sand the debossed side of the Shimmer Sheetz with a sanding block to reveal some of the white core.
20. Cut two pieces from the embossed/sanded Shimmer Sheetz 3/4 inches wide, adhere a piece of orange card underneath the Shimmer Sheetz at one edge to create a border and then adhere these two pieces of Shimmer Sheetz to the top and bottom of the pop-up card level with the edge of the outer card. Trim of any excess from sides of card.
21. Use the two large label dies from the Katie Label Pivot Card die set to die cut one white and one orange label. Stamp your Happy Easter Sentiment to the label and attach to the centre of the lower section of the pop up card. Decorate the label using the two remaining butterflies we created earlier.
Decorating the Front of the card
22. Cut a piece of designer paper (used on the inside of the card) 4 1/2 inches x 5 inches. Attach to front of card as per photo above.
23. From the remaining Shimmer Sheetz we embossed in step 17. Cut a piece that is 2 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches. Layer this to orange card which is 2 3/4 inches x 4 1/2 inches and attach to card as per photo.
24. Add remaining Peel-Off sticker Easter eggs to the right hand side of the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Lots of Pops Pop-Up Die – Karen Burniston
Garden Bench Pop-Up Die – Karen Burniston
Accordion Circle Card Die – Karen Burniston
Katie Label Pivot Card Die – Karen Burniston
Bread Basket Plaid Designer Paper – The C-Thru Ruler Co.
Happy Easter Stamp – Penny Black