This is Selma today wishing you a Happy Easter. I love to create home decor items with Susan’s Garden flower dies. Today, I have decorated a bunny and added beautiful, realistic-looking flowers to the baskets that you can keep for years to come.
1. Garden Notes Lily (pictured below):
- Click here to see a video tutorial on creating the lilies. (The video will give you some insight into shaping flowers in general.)
- The Garden Notes Lily was used to create the necklace around the bunny’s neck.
- Use white cardstock to die cut the flowers and then use a pink marker for details on the petals.
- The stamens were die cut using yellow cardstock and black pollen was added to the tips.
- Use pastel green cardstock for the stems and leaves.
- Susan’s Garden All Metal Tool Set and Mini Molding Pad were used for shaping petals, stamens, leaves and stems.
2. Daffodils (pictured below):
- The daffodils are in the Garden Patch – 1 3/8-inch & Mini Daffodils die set.
- Glue all the daffodils onto the top of the grass in the basket.
Before Susan designed daffodil dies, I never dreamed I could create little daffodils that look so realistic! These little flowers are so cute and are very easy to create.
3. Garden Patch – 1-inch & Mini Daisy & Chrysanthemum (pictured below):
- When creating flowers, it is helpful to die cut a lot of them at one time to do an assembly line to shape and create them for this and future projects.
- Below is pictured many different sized daisies and chrysanthemums die cut from white cardstock.
- Shape the flowers and add a yellow center; I used bright yellow Stickles.
- Glue a variety of daisies around the top edge of the basket holding the Easter Eggs.
I love Susan’s new line of mini flowers along with the larger flowers. They can be used on so many things. This cute bunny, with all the spring flowers, will now become a centerpiece on my dining room table. What can you think of that you could add some pretty flowers to for a home decor piece?
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Bunny – Pier 1 Imports
Cardstock – white, yellow, pastel green