Hi, Jackie Smith here. As an owner of a beloved pet, I am crazy about the new Puppies
Peel-Offs in the latest release from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I decided to make a Happy Birthday card for other fellow dog lovers.
1. Create card base from aqua colored cardstock. Cut 7″x 10″ rectangle; score and fold in half (5″x 7″ finished card size)
2. Cut light blue paper 4 3/4″x 6 3/4″ and adhere to card front using double-sided adhesive. Cut light brown paper 41/2″x 6 1/2″ and adhere on top of the blue paper again using double-sided adhesive.
3. Cut one accordion panel from blue paper using the Katie Label Accordion. Trim off the long side tab and cut out the center label. Adhere frame and label to card front as shown in the picture at the beginning of this blog post.
4. Place black Puppies Peel-offs, black Gifts Peel-Offs as well as the black Balloons Peel-Offs onto white cardstock with double sided adhesive on top. Cover Peel-offs with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. Use a brush to brush off the excess glitter. Follow Els’ step by step instructions for this technique HERE.
5. Color puppies, gifts and balloons as desired. I used Tombow Dual Brush Markers although they do require extra time to dry as they are water-based. Use alcohol-based markers instead of water-based markers if you prefer.
6. Die cut balloons from Light Green and Light Blue Velvet Adhesive plus die cut some balloons from Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (metal adaptor plate needed in the cutting “sandwich” for cutting Shimmer Sheetz – cutting side of die facing the plate with Shimmer Sheetz in between). Mix and match as shown. Adhere to card front using double sided adhesive and pop dots.
7. Die cut Happy Birthday using Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper from Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet. Cut along the score line below the words, keeping the narrow bar below the letters.
8. Add Turquoise/Silver Glitter Borders around the card. Use some of borders as string for the balloons. Adhere bow to the top of the frame.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cardstock and Patterned Paper – Lost Lagoon, Whisper White – Stampin’Up!, Hope Chest – Pink Paislee
Lost Lagoon Taffeta Ribbon – Stampin’ Up!