Hi, Karen Aicken here. Today I have an elegant Hanukkah card to share. There are a few Elizabeth Craft Designs dies that are my favourites – ones I turn to again and again because of their versatility. The Candles die is one of those favorites. Here I’ve made a long, narrow card that fits in a #10 business envelope for mailing.
1. Using white cardstock, create a top fold 9″ x 4″ card. Cut a navy card stock panel 8 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and adhere it to the front of the folded card.
2. Cut a 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ panel from white card stock and ink the edges with navy blue ink. Adhere a horizontal strip of 10mm Transparent Double Sided Tape close to the bottom edge of this panel. Adhere a horizontal strip of 6mm above the first, leaving a little space between the two. In the next step these rows will become the menorah in which the Hanukkah candles sit.
3. Remove the liners from both strips and cover exposed adhesive with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Tap off the excess and return to the jar, then polish the glittery stripes with your fingertips to bring out the shine. Adhere to the navy panel as shown.
4. Die cut 9 candles (the basic candle with attached wick and flame silhouette shape) from navy cardstock and emboss eight of them with the Swirly Curves embossing folder. Tip: Make sure that the flame is not inside the embossing folder so only the candle (wax) portion will be embossed with pattern and the flame will remain flat.
5. Tip: Turn inexpensive adhesive-backed fun foam from the craft store into double sided adhesive foam by adding 6mm Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the foam side. Use small strips of this foam to pop up the candles!
6. Cut nine 1 1/4″ pieces from the long strip and adhere to the back of each candle. Cut off tiny pieces and adhere to the widest part of the flame area of each candle. Adhere the candles to the white textured panel as shown.
7. Attach Glitter Dots to the flame area of each candle, and around the center candle.
8. To decorate the inside of your card, cut a navy panel 8-1/2 x 3-1/2 and attach it inside the card. Cut a white panel 8-1/4 x 3-1/4″ and attach that over the navy one.
9. Die cut two corners from the Tags & More 2 – Deco and adhere as shown. Add a Glitter Dot to each corner.
10. Using a fine point black marker, pen the words inside the card. Alternatively you could use a computer and print on the white panel before cutting it out, or use stamps.
I hope I’ve inspired you to look at the Candles dies in a new way. They’re not just for birthdays!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
White and Navy cardstock
Textured white cardstock
Adhesive Fun Foam