It’s Frances here. For today I created a card using a number of Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, Shimmer Sheetz, Velvet Adhesive Sheets and Glitter. I created a slightly larger card than a normal A2 since I wanted plenty of room for my trellis, leaves and butterfly. I still wanted it to be a top folding card, so I will also share with you how I was able to do that.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Cut two pieces of light blue cardstock that measure 6 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
2. Cut one piece of cream cardstock that measures 6 inches x 5 1/4 inches.
3. Cut a piece of Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz 5 3/4inches by 5 inches and emboss using the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder. You will need to emboss one half of your Shimmer Sheetz first and then overlap the embossing folder slightly on your already embossed piece and complete the rest of the sheet. Use a sanding block to reveal the white core from the raised areas of the Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Die cut the Bamboo Trellis from cream cardstock.
5. From Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, die cut three of the Flourish with Flowers.
6. From Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz, die cut Butterfly Silhouette & body.
7. Add a piece of Double Sided Adhesive large enough to fit Butterfly Overlay (705). Remove release sheet from one side and place onto a piece of designer paper. Die cut paper using the Butterfly Overlay die. Remove release sheet from the other side of the adhesive and cover butterfly with Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter. Carefully polish the glitter into the wings with your fingers.
8. Assemble the glittered Butterfly Overlay to the Purple Shimmer Sheetz Silhouette adhering them only at the body section of the butterfly. Adhere the Butterfly Body on top.
9. Using the two small flowers from Flower Set 3, die cut 5 of each size from Pink Velvet Adhesive. Die cut 5 flower centers from Beige Velvet Adhesive. Assemble the flowers using foam adhesive between the two flower layers to create dimension.
Assembling the Card:
10. Adhere Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz panel onto the cream cardstock, and then adhere this onto one of your pieces of blue cardstock.
11. On the remaining piece of blue cardstock, score 1/2 inch down along the long side of your card and fold this both ways. Add adhesive to one side of the 1/2 inch scored section and then attach this to the back of your card. You now have a top folding card.
12. Add pieces of foam tape to the back of the Trellis and place this on your card as per photo above.
13. Place your Flourish with Flowers pieces through the Bamboo Trellis as per photo. Use liquid glue to adhere the flourish to the trellis in a few places were they touch.
14. Adhere the pink flowers over the flowers on the flourish using foam tape. To achieve a bit more height to a couple of the flowers you may want to add a couple of layers of foam tap under the flourish to secure to card. I only secured the three flowers on the left of my card. The two at the top didn’t need adhering.
15. Adhere the butterfly to the card using foam tape just under the body section only. Bend the wings slightly on both the Purple Shimmer Sheetz and the Glittered Wings.
16. Cut a piece of cream cardstock 5 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches and adhere to the inside of your card.
17. Using Pink Velvet Adhesive Sheets, die cut the word Happy Birthday (783). Adhere to the lower section of the inside of the card as per photo.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Butterfly Overlay 1 (705)
Butterfly Silhouette (704)
Flourish with Flowers (797)
Bamboo Trellis (727)
Flower Set 3 (725)
Happy Birthday (783)
Swirly Curves Embossing Folder (E119)
Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0106)
Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0107)
Blue Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz (SS 0103)
Double Sided Adhesive (502)
Light Blue Cardstock