It’s Frances here today. For the past few months I have been having fun combining the Circle Accordion and the Fancy Label Accordion cards to create something a little different. These are so easy to do and I thought I would share with you how you can create this style of cards too.
Here’s how I created my card:
1. Cut two panels (one blue & one green) using the Circle Accordion Card die.
2. Cut one panel from yellow using the Fancy Label Accordion Card Die.
3. Cut two white circles using the largest circle from the Circle Accordion Card die set.
4. Cut one fancy label using the Fancy Label Accordion Card die set.
5. Cut 4 blue and 8 yellow frames edges using the Square with Circle Frame Edge die.
6. Cut 4 green frame edges using the Fancy Label Frame Edge die.
Tip: Apply Double Sided Adhesive Paper to the back of your card prior to die cutting the frame edges. This makes it easier when adhering to the accordion pages.
7. Adhere the yellow frame edges to the back and front of the blue Circle Accordion panel, the blue frame edges are adhered to the front of the green Circle Accordion panel and the green frame edges to the front of the Yellow Fancy Label Panel.
8. Layout all three Accordion panels as per the photo above. Note that the tab on the Circle Accordion panel on the right is next to the the Fancy Label Accordion panel (normally this would be on the far right).
9. Remove the tab from the Fancy Label Accordion panel (note – if we were making a normal accordion card using only the Circle Accordion Card die or the Fancy Label Accordion Card die (not both together) we would remove the tab from the last panel)
10. Apply adhesive (tape or glue) to the tabs on the Circle Accordion panels and join the three panels together.
Decorating the Accordion Panels:
11. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet approx 4.25 inches x 3 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive and set aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere your Double Sided Adhesive sheet to a piece of white card the same size.
2. From the Gifts Peel-Off Sticker sheet remove the two tall gifts and two gift tags. Place these sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
3. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
4. Turn your card so that the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the adhesive. You have now transferred your outline sticker.
5. Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired. Cut out the 2 gifts and the two tags.
6. Use foam tape to adhere a gift and tag to each white circle die cut in step 3. Attach circles to each of the Circle Accordion panels using foam tape.
7. Using the Happy Birthday (783) die and the Thinking of You (789) die, die cut a piece of Light Blue Velvet Adhesive Sheet.
8. Set aside the words “Happy”, “Birthday” and “You”.
9. From the word “Thinking” cut off the letter “T” and from the word “of” cut off the letter “o”. Flip the letter “o” so that the letter can join onto the letter “T” as per photo above.
10. Adhere the greeting “Happy Birthday To You” onto the white fancy label die cut in step 4. Attach fancy label to the Fancy Label Accordion panels using foam tape.
11. Die cut the fishtail banner included in the Lots of Pops Pop-Up Card set from white card.
12. Using the Friends (720) die, die cut a piece of Light Green Velvet Adhesive Sheet. Trim off the letter “s” from the end of the word so you are left with the word Friend.
13. Adhere the word Friend to the fishtail banner created in step 11. Attach to the top left hand corner on the front of the accordion as per the photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gifts Peel-Off Stickers (2544)
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (641)
Accordion Circle Card (769) designed by Karen Burniston
Accordion Fancy Label Card (771) designed by Karen Burniston
Square with Circle Frame Edge (770) designed by Karen Burniston
Fancy Frame Edge (774) designed by Karen Burniston
Lots of Pops Pop-Up Card (778) designed by Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday Die (783)
Thinking of You Die (789)
Friends Die (720)
Light Blue Velvet Sheet (408)
Light Green Velvet Sheet (410)
Double Sided Adhesive (502)