It’s Tina here today for Susan’s Garden Club. Have you seen the new dies from Susan’s Garden? They are absolutely stunning. Today I am showing you Garden Notes Hydrangea 2 and Garden Notes Ivy Vine. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
The finished card measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ when folded.
- Cut cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold in half for the card base. (Shown: Kraft brown)
- Cut patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″; distress the edges. Adhere to card front, centered, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Die cut solid color cardstock (Shown: Kraft brown) with Tags & More 1 – Lace die. Ink the edges with distress inks or other inks of your choice. Adhere to center of card front.
- Die cut patterned paper with Stitched Ovals die. Adhere just below the open pattern at the top of the tag. (See close up below step 10 for placement.)
- Cut patterned paper 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″; distress the edges for a frayed effect. Adhere to card 1/4″ above the bottom edge.
- Die cut and assemble a hydrangea, cut with the Hydrangea 2 die set. Choose Soft Finish Cardstock in color of your choice, or use White, as shown, colored with Distress inks. Set aside the completed hydrangea.
- Die cut Garden Notes Ivy Vine from Soft Finish Cardstock in a green of your choice, or use White, as shown, colored with Distress inks. Set aside.
- Using blue ink or a color of your choice, stamp Happy Birthday onto White Soft Finish Cardstock (or another sentiment of your choice from the General Sentiments Clear Stamps set). Trim as shown; snip a V at the ends to look like a banner. Adhere to card front using foam tape for dimension.
- Add the hydrangea to the card front as shown, tucking the stem under the banner at an angle. (See close-up below.)
- Cut the Ivy Vine into several pieces and adhere adhere above and below the sentiment.
I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial. You can use this card for any occasion by changing the sentiment or changing the colors of the flower or paper. Thank you for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Product Used
Other Product Used
Tim Holtz Distresser
India Black Ink