Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my For You Table Favour. Thanksgiving is this weekend for us in Canada and I wanted to add some extra decor to our table. I combined ModaScrap’s Triangle Box with dies from Joset Designs for the decorations. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Die cut the Triangle Box out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Put part of the box into the Feather Embossing Folder and run it through your die cutting machine. Put the other half of the box into the Feather Embossing Folder and run it through your die cutting machine. (The die cut is too large to emboss in one pass through the machine.)
2. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Inks over the entire surface of the box. Spritz the box with water. Set aside to dry flat.
3. Die cut the “For You” from the Words 2 – Thinking of You out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Forest Moss Distress Ink over the entire surface of each word.
4. Die cut all of the pieces from the Pumpkin Die set out of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink over the entire surface of both pumpkins.
5. Blend Forest Moss Distress Ink over the vine and leaf pieces.
7. Fill and assemble the box. Create a ribbon or twine closure through the holes as shown in the photo above.
7. Adhere the pumpkin stems to each of the pumpkins. Adhere the large pumpkin at the left, overlap the smaller one to the right. Use foam squares for dimension. Note that the triangle is set so the pumpkins are sitting along a long edge and the top of the box has a point racing upward near the pumpkin stems.
8. Adhere the leaves and swirly vines around the bottom of the pumpkins.
9. To finish off the favour box, adhere the words For You on top of the pumpkins.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my For You Favour Box.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Oxide Ink in Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs
- Distress Ink in Forest Moss and Carved Pumpkin
- Blending tool with foam and Spritzer