Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
This is a fairly easy card to make yet looks elegant and clean. The subtle sparkle in the sentiment is perfect for a frosty snowflake theme.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 inch blue cardstock in half so you have two pieces of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch sheets. Fold one in half for a card base.
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
3. Die cut snowflakes from white cardstock using the two smallest dies from the Snowflakes set. Arrange them on the white rectangle cut in step 2. Glue them in place as shown in the photo, trimming off excess that extends beyond the edges of the rectangle.
4. Cut five copies of Merry Christmas from white cardstock. Cut one copy from blue cardstock. Glue the white copies together, lining them up carefully, to form thick words.
5. Add some removable adhesive to a sheet of scrap paper. Stick the blue words to it. Tap embossing ink over the words. Coat with holographic embossing powder and heat. (If there are jagged edges, hold with tweezers and heat again.) Glue to top of white stacks.
6. Cut a strip of vellum 2 x 7 inches. Wrap it around the white snowflake background as shown. Adhere on the back side.
7. As shown: Adhere the words, adhere white ribbon below them. Tie a bow and adhere.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- Cardstock: Blue, White
- Vellum (with Holographic Dots Optional)
- Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder (Or Clear Glitter Embossing Powder)
- Embossing Ink Pad
- White Ribbon, Thin
- Removable Adhesive