It is a good time to start thinking about creating our Christmas cards. Good Morning, this is Selma today and I have used two of Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s new CountryScapes dies for my card. The new die sets used are CountryScapes Build A Father Christmas and CountryScapes Country Sleigh. Also from Susan’s new release I have used the Snowstorm & Mounds Stencil. Here is how I created this card:
l. This is a 6″ x 6″ card. Start by creating the background for the scene. Using a light gray card stock, use Susan’s new Snowstorm & Mounds Stencil and spread Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel over the Snowstorm portion of the stencil. This Gel gives a sparkly snowy effect. You could also use texture paste or sponge on white ink. Set this piece aside to dry.
2. Create a couple snow banks to go on the bottom portion of the card. Lightly dab little specks of the Glitter Gel over these pieces to resemble snowflakes and add a thin line across the top edge of each snow bank to make them stand out. Set these aside to dry.
3. Using the CountryScapes Build A Father Christmas die set, die cut the body and hat using red card stock. Use white card stock for the other pieces of Father Christmas. Die cut the sack using green card stock.
4. Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Bead Strings 2 die to die cut the white fur piece that goes down the front, next to the buttons. Die cut the belt using tan card stock or brushed gold card stock. Die cut the boots using black card stock.
5. Glue the fur pieces to the red coat at the neck, the sleeves and along the bottom. Glue on the belt at the waist. Cut the Bead Strings die cut to fit from the fur collar down to the waist and glue along the scored line. Add three small flat-back black half-pearls for the buttons.
6. Color the hands skin tone and attach behind the fur on the sleeves.
7. Color the face skin tone and use a thin line marker to color eyes. Add the red piece of hat at top of face then add the fur piece above the eyes. I added a little white Flower Soft to the eyebrows and the beard for dimension. The face was attached to the body using a dimensional glue dot to give it a little pop.
8. Glue on the black boots.
9. Glue the green sack to the back of the right hand, leaving a small part above the hand. I added a small gold bow to the bag.
10. Die cut Susan’s CountryScapes Woods 4 Holiday Evergreen Tree, using green card stock and color the center with a brown marker. You can add glitter or the Glass Bead Glitter Gel along the top edge of the branches.
11. Die cut the CountryScapes Country Sleigh using red card stock. Use a brown marker to color the seat. Use a gold marker to outline the sleigh. I used ECD Christmas Peel Off Stickers to decorate the sleigh. Die cut the runners of the sleigh using gold card stock and attach to the bottom of the sleigh.
12. All the glitter will probably be dry now and you can assemble the card as shown.
13. To complete the card add gold Peel Off Sticker Lines around the edge.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Other Supplies –
Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel or Texture Paste
Dimensional Glue Dots