Hello paper gardeners !
Every fall I feel it’s hard to see the days get shorter, the warm sun disappear and the cold rain setting in. Than again Mother Nature puts on a great show with all the colors changing in the trees. We get inside to prepare some warm meal in the slow cooker with the many wonderful vegetables ready to be harvest and our home smells like happiness. I found a quote from an anonymous writer that capture my present state of mind: ” The trees are about to show us how lovely it is to let things go…” It inspired this card and I hope you’ll like it.
Step 1: Card base
- Cut a piece of 85 lb Soft White Finish Cardstock to 11 X 5 ½ inches. Fold in the middle to create a 5 1/2 inch square card base.
- Cut a 5¼ X 5¼ inches square out of red wine cardstock.
- Cut a 5 X 5 inches square out of a gold mirror cardstock.
- Cut a 4¾ X 4¾ inches square out of a plaid patterned paper.
- Using 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere each layer on top of the other, starting with the wine color cardstock, followed by the mirror polished gold and than the plaid cardstock.
Step 2: Carolina Window
- Using the Garden Notes – Carolina Window & Shutters die, die cut the window twice in 100 lb Soft White Finish Cardstock.
- Cut the shape of the window out of mirror polished gold cardstock.
- Using Kids Choice Glue, adhere the two white window layers of cardstock on to the mirror polished gold cardstock window shape.
Step 3: Quote tag
- Create the quote on the computer and print out onto 85 lb Soft White Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut the printed quote using the 4th smaller size die from the Fitted Fishtails die set.
- Out of the mirror polished gold cardstock, die cut the 5th smaller size of the same dies set as the previous one.
- Using 6 mm Clear Double Sided AdhesiveTape, adhere the quote on the mirror polished gold fishtail.
- Using 6 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape also, adhere the quote on the right side of the card.
- On the card base, use some adhesive foam squares to adhere the window on the left of the card.
Step 4: Woodland leaves
- Using the Susan’s Garden – Woodland Leaves die set, die cut a total of 16 leaves out of 85 lb Soft White Finish Cardstock.
- Color the leaves using ink markers, use clear embossing powder on each leaf and shape them using the Leaf Pad, the Molding pad and Susan’s Garden 4 pieces all metal tool set.
- To see the full technique on how to color and use embossing powder on the woodland leaves, please check Susan’s Tierney Cockburn video following this link: Color and Composition.
Step 5: Finishing the card
- Using some Kids Choice Glue and some adhesive foam squares, adhere each leaf on the top of the window and on the bottom of the card.
- Finish it up by adding a golden button in the middle of both leaves sets.
And here you go, this card is complete!
I really hope you liked this tutorial and I will see you soon !
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Wine Red; Gold Mirror
Plaid Patterned Paper
Markers of choice