Happy Holidays Crafty friends!
It’s Debra Hensley here today to share an embossed Ring Accordion card with you – perfect to add to your Christmas Card stash. I’m always looking for unique cards that are easy to make and pack a big “wow” factor. Embossed snowflakes on the Ring Accordion panels, glittered and colorfully colored peel-offs, and a simple sentiment work perfectly together in this festive and unique card.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Die cut 2 Ring Accordion panels from light blue cardstock. Die cut 1 circle from white cardstock using the largest circle from the Ring Accordion die set. Die cut 4 decorative Frame Edges from white cardstock.
2. Emboss the Ring Accordion panels with the Snowflakes Embossing Folder. The Ring panels are too big to fit inside the folder but the snowflake pattern makes this easy to work around. Emboss as much of the panel as possible the first go through the die cut machine.
To complete the embossing put only the un-embossed section of the Ring panel into the folder on the second pass.
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock large enough for one of Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Circles Peel-Off, one accessory holly peel-off and one christmas tree peel-off. Adhere Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to the cardstock. Transfer peel-offs to the adhesive cardstock using the technique Els is demonstrating HERE. Cover adhesive and peel-offs with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your fingers. Color with Copic markers or your favorite medium. Trim out pieces when complete.
4. Ink edges of Ring Accordion panels with blue ink on both sides. Adhere the rings together connecting the tabs. Clip off extra tab on the right panel. Adhere white decorator Frame Edges to the front of the card panel. Adhere the colored Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Circle’s Peel-Off to the front of the card in the center. Adhere white circle to second ring panel.
Add silver Merry Christmas Peel-Off. Add glittered holly and snowflakes. Add snowflakes and glitter dots to edges. Add light blue ribbon to front to complete.
5. For an added touch you can adhere the negative of the Peel-Off on the back side of one panel with a transfer sheet (watch video “How to use Transfer Sheets” HERE). Add the extra colored tree to on foam adhesive.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you try embossing the Ring Accordion card panels for a special touch to your Christmas cards.
Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:
904 Ring Accordion
950 Ring Frame Edges 1
2586 Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Circles Peel-Offs in Black
2567 Merry Christmas Large Peel-Offs in Silver
8530 Snowflakes Small Peel-Offs in Silver
7018 Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots
E126 Snowflakes Embossing Folder
600 Transfer Sheet
639 Warm diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other products used:
Copic Markers: E00, E04, E33, E39, R29, 0, y17, BG02, BG53, C0, C1, C3, C5, G00