it’s Debra Hensley today. I love flowers of every kind and I especially love sending cards with a flower for the focal point. Elizabeth Craft Designs has a wonderful variety of flower dies perfect for any occasion. I created an easy and elegant card with a little twist on die cutting that I think you will enjoy.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and fold in half to create a standard A2 size card base. Cut a piece of pattern paper to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Cut a piece of gray white core cardstock to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Cut a strip of pattern paper to 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ and white cardstock to 1″ x 2 3/4″
2. With the Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder, emboss the gray white core cardstock. Sand the surface to bring out the white core and highlight the embossed design.
3. Die cut the small Crystal Flower from the embossed piece, centered about 1 ” from the top. The negative space will be the focal point – save the flower to use on another project. Die cut the small Crystal Flower center from pattern paper. Die cut the largest flower from Bunch of Flowers 1.
4. Cut a “v” into the right end of the pattern strip and adhere the Thinking of You Peel-Off.
5. Assemble the card: Adhere the pattern paper to the card base. Adhere the embossed piece on foam adhesive to the pattern paper. Add the center to the small flower, curve the petals upward. Add foam adhesive to the center of the small flower and adhere in the middle of the Crystal Flower cutout.
6. Add the black Straight Border Peel-Off strips to the right and left edge of the embossed piece, the right edge of the banner strip, and to the small flower.
7. Adhere the pattern strip to the white strip. Curve with your finger and adhere, on the left side only, of the card front to complete. This design will work perfectly with a variety of sentiments.
Here’s another photo of the completed card below.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’ve been inspired to think outside the box with your flower dies and create beautiful cards for any occasion.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White Core Cardstock- DCWV
Pattern Paper- Authentique