It’s Frances Byrne here with my first Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial for 2016. Karen Burniston released a number of new Pop It Ups dies last month, one of which was the Cup Pop Stand Card die set. One of the dies included in the set is a half circle die used to create the saucer for the Pop Stand Card. Looking at this die I knew that it would be perfect to use to create a Lever Card or Inside Out Card, the name we called it when making this style card 25 years or so ago. Of course it is always easier to make cards when you have a die to help you, and I so love when you can find another use for a die other than the original intention.
Here is how I created my card:
- Cut two pieces of White Soft Finish Cardstock 100Lb so that they measure 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches.
- On one of the pieces of cardstock, score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches. This will be the front/back panel.
- On the other piece of cardstock, score along the 11 inch side at 2 3/4 inches; 5 1/2 inches and 8 1/4 inches. This will be the inside panel.
2. Using the semi-circle die from the Cup Pop Stand die set, line it up on the 2 3/4 inch score line on the inside panel we created in step 1, so it is centred top and bottom and the ends of the semi-circle are on the score line.
- Layer both the inside panel and the front/back panel together so that all edges line up and run through die cutting machine.
- Take the inside/back panel and cut away the semi-circle using a craft knife or paper trimmer. Each panel should now look like the cards in the photo above.
3. Place the Flower Stage It Stencil in the lower right hand corner of the inside panel, use an ink blending tool to sponge pink ink all over the card. Remove stencil and reposition onto the card until the whole card as been decorated.
- Place the Flower Stage It Stencil onto the front/back panel so that it is over the semi-circle opening and what will be the front of the card (the right hand side of card as per photo above). Use an ink blending tool to sponge pink ink all over the card. Remove stencil and reposition onto the card until the whole the front of the card as been decorated.
4. Place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the left and right panels of the inside panel. Place the semi circle on the inside panel through the opening of the front/back panel and attach the left and right panels to the front/back panel.
5. Counting from the small centre die, die cut the sixth die from the Fitted Circles die set from pink card.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut the sixth die from the Stitched Circles die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer the two circles together and adhere the circles to the circle on the left hand side of card (refer to photo above).
6. Using the Cup die from the Cup Pop Stand die set, die cut from pink cardstock. Place the Medallion Stage It Stencil over cup so the the medallion is centred on the cup. Use a blending tool to sponge white ink over the cup. Sponge the edge of cup with white ink.
- Using the Scallop Edge from the Pull Card Edges die set , die cut a scallop strip and attach this to the top of the cup.
- Using the steam die from the Cup Pop Stand die set, die cut the steam in tan card, attach inside cup.
- Adhere cup to the white circle using foam tape.
7. Using the Scallop Edge from the Pull Card Edges die set, die cut two scallop edges from pink cardstock so that the finished scallop is approx. 3/4 inches wide. Adhere the scallop strips to the edges of the inside of card.
8. Using the Spoon die from the Cup Pop Stand die set, die cut two spoons from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape on the back and two spoons from silver cardstock. Layer the Shimmer Sheetz spoon to the silver cardstock spoon and adhere to the left side of card as per photo above using foam tape. Reserve the second spoon for front of card.
9. Using the Coffee Bean die from the Cup Pop Stand die set, die cut 12 coffee beans from dark brown cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape prior to cutting. Reserve 6 of the coffee beans for the front of the card and use the other 6 to decorate the right hand panel of inside card as per photo above.
10. Counting from the small centre die, die cut the third die from the Fitted Circles die set from pink card.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut the third die from the Stitched Circles die set for White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Using the sentiments “Coffee” and “Solves Everything” from the Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp set, stamp onto the white circle using black ink.
- Stamp the single coffee bean from the Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp set onto the circle using dark brown ink.
- Layer the two circles together and adhere the sentiment panel to the lower centre panel on the right side of card as per photo above.
11. Finish off the front of the card by adding the reserved coffee beans and spoon as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1103 Cup Pop Stand Card 1110 Pull Card Edges 1116 Stitched Circles 1117 Fitted Circles S002 Flower Stage It Stencil S003 Medallion Stage It Stencil SS0211 Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz CS010 Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp Set PSF102 White Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb/270gr 8.5″ x 11″ 508 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm 506 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6mm Other: Cardstock: Bright Pink; Tan; Dark Brown Inks: Black; Picked Raspberry Distress Ink; Ground Espresso Distress Ink; Picket Fence Distress Paint Blending Tool Die Cutting Machine Scoring Tool Foam Tape