Hi there! It’s Marsha again and I’ve got a clean and simple idea to share with you today!
Do you hold on to any scrap of Shimmer Sheetz you can salvage after die-cutting a sheet? I do! Even the smallest snippets go into a zip lock bag, because I figure that I can always turn them into confetti if I need it.
Earlier this week I had used the Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Squares die to die-cut a couple of hearts, but as I didn’t want to waste a whole sheet of Shimmer Sheetz on each of the tiny hearts I needed, I had cut the Shimmer Sheetz to small squares before I ran them through my die-cut machine.
That’s how I ended up with this pile of scraps:
And instead of adding them to my zip lock bag… I decided to use them right away to create these simple cards with a tiny messy glitter twist:
Steps to create these cards:
1. Look at your scraps of Shimmer Sheetz. Are there any interesting shapes there that you can use right out of the box/bag? If not: find a couple of scraps in coordinating colours and die-cut some new shapes out of them.
Hearts are always a good idea, but leaf shapes, small flowers and even simple circles are great alternatives.
I was especially interested in the negative space that was left in the Shimmer Sheetz scraps, but you can use both the positive and the negative of the scraps. Just use whatever appeals to you most!
2. Cut a sheet of Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 x 5.25 inches.
3. Take some liquid adhesive and flick it on your card with a brush.
I chose Matte Medium for my glue because it’s already liquid and I know it dries clear. If your adhesive is too thick to create spatters, dilute it with a bit of water.
4. Tap Silk Microfine Glitter on the glue spatters. Leave it to dry completely before removing the excess glitter.
5. Adhere the Shimmer Sheetz scraps to the card with tiny pieces of Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape. I only put tape on the parts I knew I would not have to stitch through later on!
6. Add machine stitches. Fix the loose threads to the back with some tape.
7. Adhere the card to a coordinating folded note card with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
8. Finish off with a sentiment or leave blank like I did!
How do you usually use up your scraps of Shimmer Sheetz?
Please share in the comments below! We would love to hear from you!
Have a great day!
Liquid adhesive (Liquitex Matte Medium)
Coloured cardstock or folded note cards