Hello and Merry Christmas!!!
It’s Wanda here and I hope you are having a wonderful day! Unexpectedly (and we are thrilled) our daughter has made it home for Christmas and our youngest son is here today. We celebrated last night with our oldest son who got married this year.
It seems fitting to share a Christmas project on Christmas Day. I’ve made a card but this design could easily translate to a small canvas or home décor project. The card itself could even be framed.
How I created the card:
1) Cut 2 pieces of Soft Finish Cardstock – One 5 ½” x 8 ½” and fold it in half for the base card – One 4” x 5 ¼” to layer and ink this piece with both Distress Inks, focusing Cracked Pistachio in the upper left corner and Festive Berries around all the other edges. Attach layer to card.
2) Tear music from an old (rescued, damaged) hymnal, paint with Picket Fence Distress Paint, dry; paint again and dry. This mutes the writing and sends it to the background.
3) Emboss music paper, ink with Cracked Pistachio going darker in the upper left corner, flick with Festive Berries Ink in the lighter areas and blot off. Attach music paper to card.
4) Die cut 3 sets of the poinsettia leaves (complete flowers and extra leaves) plus 3 more large extra leaves from Soft Finish Cardstock. Ink edges of one complete flower and 3 large extra leaves with Cracked Pistachio. Ink edges of two complete flowers and all other extra leaves with Festive Berries. Shape leaves from the back using shaping mat and tools. Attach three complete flowers together with small brad. Spray assembled complete flowers and extra leaves with Perfect Pearls Mist; dry.
5) Attach flower to card and glue in extra leaves with gel medium.
6) Cut Love and Exclamation Point from Shimmer Sheetz backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Reminder: a Metal Adapter Plate must be used to cut Shimmer Sheetz. Els has a video regarding this HERE. Attach pieces to card as shown.
7) Color gumdrop with Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink. When dry glue to poinsettia with gel medium.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Music Page from old Hymnal
Distress Inks – Cracked Pistachio, Festive Berries
Distress Paint – Picket Fence
Distress Spray Stain – Festive Berries
Ranger Alcohol Ink – Sunshine Yellow
Perfect Pearls Mist – Perfect Pearl
Golden Heavy Gel Medium, matte