Hi, it’s Sanna here! I am very excited to be joining the Elizabeth Craft Designs design team! This is my first project as a team member.
I was pleased to see the German “Danke” in the A Way With Words die collection. It immediately inspired me to create a set of thank you cards. You never know when you will need one! I always keep a box of handmade cards at home so I am prepared for any occasion. I started with the first card and always tried to use both the positive and the negative images from die cutting, so in a way the first card led to the second one and so on.
Here is how I created the cards:
2. Run through a die cutting machine three times and align the word each time to match the position of the previous die cut image within the rectangle. Leave more open space between the the second and the third images. Keep the small pieces (negative shapes) that come out of the words.
3. Use the negative piece of the die cut cardstock sheet to space the words for the next cards. Now ink a second piece of Soft Finish Cardstock with orange, pink and green water-soluble ink. Then add water droplets onto the inked surface to create an interesting background.
4. Adhere the inked piece onto a card base. Then layer the negative die cut sheet over the inked sheet. Now use the negative pieces from the die cut words you have been saving to fill in the missing pieces to create readable words. Since they are backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive it will be easy to adhere them into their places.
5. Now decorate the card with twine and rhinestones.
For the second card use the positive “Danke” pieces.
6. Ink with pink and orange ink to create an ombre (blended color) effect on the words.
8. Then adhere the inked words onto the white cardstock strip. Now cut two pieces of Soft Finish Cardstock into a 3×4 inch size, adhere them on matching sized pieces of Clear Double Sided Adhesive and then run them through a die cutting machine using two of the Bunch of Flowers 4 dies. Cut each die twice on one of the two pieces, using the whole paper piece. Save the negative images for later.
9. Ink the flowers with orange and pink inks, layer them over each other and adhere to the card base. Decorate with rhinestones and black ink splatters. For the third and fourth card use the negative flower pieces as a starting point.
12. Use the Stitched Rectangles die (3rd largest size in the set) to cut a piece of green cardstock into size. Next use the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die and run the same green cardstock through a die cutting machine.
13. Adhere the glittered flower pieces and the frames overlappingly over each other. Die cut the word Danke three more times and ink them with black ink. Adhere in the center of the flowers. Decorate with rhinestones. (Option: Die cut black cardstock instead of inking.)Save the third black “Danke” for the last card.
14. Start by cutting a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock to 4×5.5 inch. Next use the Stitched Circles die (the 4th biggest one in size in the set). Use masking tape or washi tape to temporarily adhere the circle die onto the cardstock piece, then place two thirds of the die inside the cutting boards of the die cutting machine. Run through the machine. When you lift the die up, only 2/3 of the image is cut. This way you can create a half circle window for a card.
17. Next add a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto the leftover half circle piece. Remove the release sheeet and apply Fire Opal Silk Microfine Glitter onto the adhesive surface. Brush off excess. Polish with your fingertip to achieve a perfect shine.
19. Add thin adhesive stripes (6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive) as sun rays and then apply Silk Microfine Glitter Fire Opal onto the adhesive strips. Brush off excess, polish with your fingertip (as for all other projects).
20. Use a piece of soft foam and the eraser end of a pencil to shape the flower petals, ink the tips of the petals with pink ink for contrast. Then layer and adhere all pieces. Add some detail using green, black and white pens. This is what the finished cards look like:
There are so many possibilities for using a single sentiment die! Hope you give it a try. Happy crafting,
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1033 Leafy Branch
1030 Bunch of Flowers 4
1120 Stitched Rectangles
1116 Stitched Circles
1063 Fitted Frames 3 – Curvy Rectangles
Soft Finish Cardstock – 8,5×11″
Clear Double Sided Adhesive 101 mm
Clear Double Sided Adhesive 6 mm
Fire Opal – Silk Microfine Glitter
Distress Ink (Ranger Industries)
Big Shot die cutting machine – Sizzix
Black, white and green marker (Sakura, Signo, Micron)
Twine (Whisker Graphics)
Spray ink (Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands)