Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad
Hello! Mary here with a fairly simple, yet elegant, card. I used Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on the butterflies to give them a beautiful sparkle (unfortunately photographs do not do them justice). The glitter can be colored as well but I decided to keep them neutral to bring your eyes to the tulips.
1. Creating the base & background:
- Cut kraft cardstock 6 1/2″ x 10″ and fold in half for the card base.
- Cut brown cardstock 4 5/8″ x 6 1/8″.
- Cut pattern paper 4 1/2″ x 6″.
- Adhere pattern paper to the center of brown cardstock.
- Adhere brown cardstock to the center of the card front.
2. Die cut the following for the flowers:
- Garden Notes – Tulip petal sets from cardstock: one yellow, one orange, one red.
- Three stem/leaf sets in green cardstock.
- Three stamen in yellow cardstock.
- Cut bottom leaf off one (cut straight across stem where leaf starts so it will be shorter).
- Color petals. I used Distress Ink as watercolors and colored pencils.
- Shape petals and assemble as in video here:
- Adhere to card front as shown. I used embossing powder for “pollen” – yellow for the yellow and orange flowers, brown for the red.
3. Stamp sentiment on kraft cardstock with black ink.
- Die cut using oval from Accordion Oval Card, leaving some space at the top.
- Ink edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Crimp a piece of kraft cardstock.
- Tear along two edges as shown; ink with Vintage Photo.
- Add light embossing paste as desired.
- Adhere to card as shown. Use dimensional tape to adhere oval sentiment.
4. Adhere Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive to cream cardstock.
- Peel off the release sheet and sprinkle with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
- Polish with your finger and brush off excess glitter.
- Die cut butterflies and adhere as shown below.
I hope you enjoy making this simple and beautiful card!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- 1000 Garden Notes – Tulip
- RS007 The Butterfly is Proof Stamp
- 772 Accordion Oval Card
- 773 Butterfly Accessory Dies
- 767 Butterfly Pivot Card
- Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive
- 640 Silk Microfine Glitter: Warm Diamond
- Cardstock: Kraft, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Cream
- Patterned Paper: DCWV The Mariposa Stack 6×6
- Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon
- Embossing Powder: yellow, brown
- Black Ink
- Crimper Tool
- Light Embossing Paste
- Dimensional Tape
- Colored Pencils