Happy Spring – It’s Sandy here with you to share a card that has all the feelings of spring with a rustic touch. Butterflies are always a popular theme and I’ve used one from the Butterfly Pivot Card along with the Gatefold – Elegant Roses to create a whimsical feel.
Let’s begin –
The finished size of this card is 5.5″ X 5.5″.
1. Using the Gatefold – Elegant Rose die, cut manila cardstock twice and trim per photo above. Optional, shade edges with brown as shown.
2. Adhere Gatefold pieces to a piece of 6″ X 6″ Through the Lens – Wood series cardstock so they touch in the center. The cardstock is larger than the die cuts – trim the square down to 5″ X 5″.
3. Cut a piece of cardstock (light blue is used here) to 5.25″ X 5.25″. Then using the Fitted Squares, cut a square window in the center of the panel.
4. Create a top-fold Dark Chocolate Soft Finish 5.5″ x 5.5″ card base (5.5″ X 11″, scored at 5.5″ and folded in half).
5. Adhere the panel with the open center from step 3 to the card base.
6. Before attaching the wood panel to the card, use the butterfly from the Butterfly Pivot Card die set to cut a butterfly in the center.
7. Using dies from Butterfly Pivot Card die set, cut one solid butterfly, emboss with Bark embossing folder and edge with dark blue if desired. Cut two butterfly overlays from vellum and one large butterfly body from a contrasting color.
8. Layer butterflies so that only the body sections are glued together, leaving wings free to bend upward. Add the die cut body and rhinestones.
9. Using Dream Sentiments Clear Stamps, stamp the sentiment and then die cut cut using Stitched Fishtail Banner. (Note: The photo above shows how to use a piece of Washi tape to hold the die in place so the stamped sentiment is precisely positioned.) Edge with the same brown as used to edge the Gatefold pieces.
10. Assemble the card front as shown below. Bend butterfly wings upward for dimension. Trim the banner at the left side of the card as needed.
May all of your dreams come true,
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock in blue and manila
Clear adhesive-backed rhinestones