Hello from Northern Virginia! We’ve had the strangest (yet typical) weather here. It can be 70 one day and dropping to freezing the next day… even snow followed by 60 degrees. But one of those cold wintry days did inspire me to make this clean and simple card using A Way With Words Brrrrr die and the cardinal from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Birds set. I just think that bright shock of red is so pretty against the snow covered trees outside.
This card was created the following way:
- Cut card base 8.5″ by 5.5″ and fold to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Cut white rectangle layer 3.25″ x 4.5″. Sponge the edges with Blueprint Sketch and Broken China Distress Inks, leaving some white space in the middle.
- Die cut the Brrrrr die out of white card stock.
- Die cut the cardinal out of red card stock. Use Copic markers to darken parts of wing and under the wing for depth. Color the branch and face with black marker. Add a dot of white to the eye with a gel pen and paint beak with a gold Wink of Stella pen.
- Adhere blue sky layer to card base; adhere the Brrrrr die cut and the cardinal.
- Add dots of white with gel pen to resemble falling snow.
Thank you so much for looking and I hope you have a great day!
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Tombow multi-purpose adhesive
Cardstock in red and white
Wink of Stella pen in gold
Sakura Gelly Roll Medium pen in white