It’s Frances here and it’s my turn to post a tutorial for the Coloring Design Team today. Being that Halloween is now only four weeks away, I decided to play with the new Krista Schneider Halloween Clear Stamp set. These stamps are perfect for creating fun scenes.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/4 inches x 4 inches.
- Using black ink, stamp the large pumpkin, boy, and candy corn character onto the white cardstock. While you have the stamps out, stamp the images onto a piece of sticky note paper or similar to create masks. (Note – remember when cutting out images to be used for masks to cut on the line, not outside the line).
- Place the mask you created for the pumpkin, over the pumpkin and then stamp the gravestone/cat, so that the arm of the pumpkin is slightly over the gravestone. Create a mask for the gravestone/cat, too.
- Stamp the spider garland at the top of the cardstock, centered.
- Stamp the spider garland again on either side of the first stamped spider trio to create a row of spiders that crosses the entire top of the card. Stamp and cut out a little mask for the body of each spider.
- Place mask onto gravestone to stamp smaller pumpkin behind it.
- Stamp bat, trick or treat pail, and candies onto the card referring to photo above for placement.
- Place masks over all of the images. (Note that in an upcoming step you will need to cut the gravestone mask closer to the gravestone than seen in the photo above in order to add the grass. It’s fine with the excess paper for this step.)
Step 2 –
- With the masks on all the images, sponge over the sky area of the background using Broken China Distress Oxide, being very careful not to displace a mask when you are sponging over an image.
- Next apply Faded Jeans Distress Oxide to the outer edges of the cardstock, and finally Wilted Violet Distress Oxide. If needed, sponge over some of the lighter color ink to achieve a smooth blended look.
- Now trim away the mask beneath the grave stone and sponge over the grass area using Peeled Paint Distress Oxide.
- Spritz some water over the entire card using a spray bottle. Dry card using a heat tool.
- Add some Picket Fence Distress Paint to a paint palette, water down slightly and then pick up some of the paint using a paintbrush and flick the paint over the card. Allow to dry.
Step 3 –
- Remove masks and color as desired. Copic markers were used on this card.
Step 4 –
- Cut a piece of black cardstock so it measures 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score and fold along the 8 1/2 inch sided at 4 1/4 inches to create a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top folding card.
- Adhere decorated panel to folded card.
Step 5 –
- Using the “boo!” sentiment from the set, stamp the sentiment onto black cardstock using VersaMark ink, cover with white embossing powder and heat set.
- Use one of the Stitched Fishtail Banners die to die cut the sentiment and adhere to the upper right side of card.
Step 6 – Inside of Card
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches and adhere to inside of card.
- Stamp the candy corn image to the lower right hand corner of card using black ink.
- Using the “Trick or Treat” sentiment from the Spooky Sentiments Clear Stamp set, stamp the sentiment onto orange cardstock using black ink. Die cut sentiment using coordinating die. Layer onto a black circle created using the appropriate size Stitched Circles die. Adhere to center of card.
- Optional – add Black Ebony Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops to add detail to the eyes. To do this add a little of the Nuvo Drops to a craft sheet or scrap of cardstock, dip a pin into the Drops and then use the pin to deposit a tiny amount of the Drops onto the eye.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.