Good morning! Diana here with a fun card for you. Fall is finally making an appearance with the cooler weather here in Northern Virginia. Most of my flowers have started to fade but my Gerbera Daisies actually prefer the lower temperature. I love how bold and pretty they are – bigger than my other daisies and definitely more colorful. So when I saw the new Quietfire Design A Way With Words dies I knew I would be combining “be Bold” with the Gerbera Daisies. I also used my (current) new favorite technique for making backgrounds – Distress Oxide inks on coated photo paper.
- Create two Gerbera daisies from pink and light yellow cardstock using the Garden Notes Gerbera Daisy die set. Sponge the edges of each petal with a darker shade of pink and a light orange for dimension. Also darken the center layer of petals. Add micro-beads for the center of the daisies.
- The Distress Oxide ink background is made by smooshing the inks (Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Inks) on a sheet of acetate (or a non-stick craft sheet), swirling the colors together just a bit a small paintbrush (do not over-mix) and laying a sheet of quality photo paper over it and lifting up quickly. Set aside to dry completely.
- Die cut “be” and “Bold” from the Be Brave Bold Yourself die set from black cardstock.
- Trim the oxide photo paper background down to 4″x5.25″. Use black cardstock to mat it with a narrow 1/16″ border.
- Attach a piece of black satin ribbon near the bottom of the layered background as shown in the pictures by taping the ends behind the cardstock.
- Adhere the words and flowers as shown. Accent with some Dew Drops.
- Add finished card front to a pink top-fold card base in a shade that matches the pink Gerbera daisy.
This is a cheerful and easily adaptable card that can be modified to your favorite colors or flowers. To tie the colors together use matching inks and card base. With the new word dies, there are so many possibilities! (The die set I chose has other options including ‘be Brave’ and ‘be Yourself’.) Have fun and “Be Bold” in your creativity!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Black, Pink & Light Yellow
Black Satin Ribbon
Distress Oxide Inks – Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber and Cracked Pistachio
Acetate Sheet or Non-stick Craft Sheet