It’s Frances Byrne here today. I love the look of black and white cards and adding a pop of color is always fun to add to this color scheme too. Today I have used one of the patterned papers from the Through the Lens Stone collection along with the Stitched and Fitted Squares to create a frame to create a birthday card.
Here’s how I created my card:
- Cut a piece of Silver Gray Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 1/4 inches square. Layer to the front of the folded black card.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper from the Through the Lens Stone 6 x 6 Patterned Cardstock pack so that it is 5 inches square. Layer onto the fold card.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut the fifth die from the Fitted Squares die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock and adhere to the centre of the folded card.
2. Counting from the small centre die, use the fourth die from the Fitted Squares die set and the fifth die from the Stitched Squares die set. Position the small die inside the larger die so that there is an even border all around (Refer to photo above for placement.) Die cut a frame using these two dies from the Silver Gray Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Attach the frame over the white square on the folded card using foam tape all around the border.
3. Using one of the corners from the Corners 1 die set, die cut 4 corners from Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock which has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the black of the card.
- Adhere the corners onto the gray frame so that the edge of the corner lines up with the stitching on the frame.
4. Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the front of White Soft Finish Cardstock, die cut 3 solid Candles and 3 overlay Candles from the Candles die set.
- Remove the protective backing from just the flame and wick of the overlay candle and cover with Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter. Remove excess glitter and polish the glittered flame with your finger.
- Remove the protective backing from the remaining part of the overlay candle and cover with Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Remove excess glitter and polish the red glittered candle with your finger.
- Remove the protective backing from the solid candles. Adhere the overlay candle to the solid candle. Cover the remaining adhesive of candle with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Remove excess and polish candle with your finger.
- Attach the three candles to the centre of the frame on front of card using foam tape.
5. The Inside of the card:
- Using the long strip of patterned paper left over from cutting down the patterned paper for the front of the card. Cut the strip into two pieces so they are 1/2 inch wide. Attach the stripes to the bottom of the card so there is a small gap between the two.
- Using the A Way with Words Happy Birthday die, die cut the sentiment from Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back. Adhere the sentiment to the top portion of the inside of card.