It’s Frances here again! This time round I thought I would play with one of the stickers from the Jackie’s Dolls 2 Peel-off stickers. I love these elegant images, they are taller than any of the other Peel-off stickers which makes them ideal to use to create tall cards, which is what I have done today.
Here is how I made the card:
1. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of double sided adhesive sheet that is approx 3 inches x 7 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the adhesive sheet and set the release sheet shiny side up on your work table. Adhere double sided adhesive sheet to the piece of white card.
2. From the Jackie’s Dolls 2 Peel-Off sticker sheet remove the girl, the hair and the extra skirt. (I also added a few other things to mine as you can see in the photos above. I end up not using them for this card.) Place your stickers sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
3. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
4. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
5. Cover the adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired.
6. Cut out the girl, the hair and extra skirt. Use foam tape and adhere the hair and extra skirt onto the girl.
7. To create the card base cut a piece of bright pink card that measures 7 3/4 inches x 81/2 inches. Score along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches so you have a folded card which is 7 3/4 inches tall x 4 1/4 inches wide.
8. Layer onto the front of the folded card a piece of lilac card which is 7 1/2 inches by 4 inches.
9. Next layer a piece of designer paper which is 7 1/4 inches x 3 3/4 inches (my designer paper is actually from a 6″ x 6″ paper pad, because I used striped paper it was easy for me to add a little extra at the bottom and you can’t see the join)
10. For the two circles at the top and bottom of my card I used the large accessory circles from the Circle Spiral Pull Card and the Circle Accordion Die. (If you look at my card above the circles aren’t going to be seen towards the center of the card, so to save card I just die cut part of circle and layered and adhered to the base card so the piece missing goes towards the centre. This saves cutting into another sheet of card just for a circle)
11. Cut a piece of white card 2 3/8 inches x 6 1/4 inches. Layer this onto a piece of bright pink card which is 2 5/8 inches x 6 1/2 inches.
12. Attach foam tape to the back of the Girl image we created earlier and adhere this to the center of this panel.
13. Die cut the Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper from bright pink card. Trim down the excess card on each side of the die cut word, leaving a 1/2 inch tail at the bottom. Apply some adhesive to the lower back of the right side of the panel and adhere Happy Birthday to the back so that all you see from the front is the letters not any borders. (This is a quick and easy way of adding one of the Stand Up Word dies to you card).
14. In the top right and bottom left hand corners of this panel, add the middle sized Pink/Silver Glitter Dots. (You can see in the photo above I added these in three rows, offsetting each row so I got a triangle shape.
15. Adhere the finished panel to the folded card.
The inside of the card:
16. Cut a piece of white card that is 3 3/4 inches x 7 1/4 inches. Layer this onto a piece of lilac card which is 4 inches x 7 1/2 inches.
17. Add a strip of designer paper to the bottom of the white card. (Mine is 2 inches wide)
18. Cut out around the negative image left on the Jackie’s Dolls 2 Peel-Off sticker sheet. Remove the outer black sticker that goes around the whole image. Take a piece of Transfer Sheet, remove the protective backing and place this over the negative image. Use a bone folder to help transfer the image to the Transfer Sheet. Next place this Transfer Sheet that now has the negative image where you wish it to go, place down on the card and again use a bone folder to transfer it to your card. (I added a piece of scrap paper over the designer paper so the negative image didn’t go onto that as I was only using part of the negative image).
19. Stamp sentiment onto your card using black ink as per photo above.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft DesignsJackie’s Dolls 2 Peel-Off Stickers (SKU 2564) Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (641) Double Sided Adhesive Paper (502) Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper (937) Circle Spiral Pull Card (916) designed by Karen Burniston Accordion Circle Card (769) designed by Karen Burniston Pink/Silver Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Transfer Sheet (SKU 600)
OtherWhite Card Lilac Card Bright Pink Card Bella’s Birthday Designer Paper 6′ x 6″ Paper Pad – Wild Rose Studio Birthday Fashion Sentiment – Verses Stamps Foam Tape Copics