Hello Everyone! Debra here excited to share a fun card with you using the Accordion Oval Card and Oval Dots Frame Edges dies. I love the accordion dies because all the work is done for you in the design of the dies, making it easy to create a unique card that will wow the recipient for sure!
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Diecut the Accordion Oval Card base from brown bling cardstock. Die cut the Oval Dots Frame Edges from the non-shiny side of the same cardstock and adhere together. Diecut another base from pattern paper and clip out the center oval. Adhere to center of base. Die cut large oval from pattern paper and add to center of base. Ink edges with brown ink. Adhere the two panels together.
2. Stamp and color the boy image. Stamp the image a second time to color and cut out the overall and hat. Adhere both on base image using foam tape for dimension.
3. Pick a cupcake from the Cupcakes Peel-offs and adhere to a square of cardstock covered with Double Sided Adhesive. Add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish to bring out the shine and set the glitter. Color with alcohol based markers. You can find a tutorial by Els on this technique HERE
4. Cut out cupcake and adhere to the right center oval of the card base using foam adhesive. Adhere boy image to the left center oval.
5. Add a string of paper twine from the fishing rod to the cupcake on the opposite oval. Add a “hook” made from a small piece of negative sticker from a silver Corner Peel-off.
6. Die cut Happy Birthday and add to ovals, curving slightly to fit above the images. To complete, add tiny red cardstock stars to embellish.
Here are some close-ups to see the placement:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this project! If you haven’t made an Accordion Card yet, give it a try. It’s fun and easy!
Brown Bling cardstock ( Bazzill)
Pattern paper ( Authentique)
Boy-E01, E02, R20, E33, E35, R29, B24, B26, W1, W3, W5
Cupcake- E35, E02, B23, B26, R29
Scrapper’s floss – Brown