It’s Karen here with a fun Bird-Day Party card. I’m obsessed with these FuN birds from Elizabeth Craft Designs and also love cards that have fun folds to them. My crafty mentor is so good at them, and I’m using one of her folds today. I’m combining the fun folds and a fabulous bird for a card I made for my son who just turned 24. The paper is called Manly Man and it is NEW!
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Stamp the stack of presents, bird and cake with black ink onto Kraft cardstock and color with the following Copic markers. (For my card, I also added some gold polka dots to the birdie.)
2. Die cut the images with the coordinating Bird-Day Party dies.
3. Cut a piece of kraft cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 3-1/4″. Cut patterned paper at 3″x4″ (stripe) and 5″x4″ (weave). Adhere the pattern paper to the kraft cardstock using clear double-sided adhesive as shown below:
4. Cut a piece of kraft card stock at 4″x 8″ and score/fold in half. Place a fitted circle die at the fold, but let it hang over the edge just slightly. Then die cut.
5. Die cut a stitched circle out of pattern paper and a Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circles out of kraft cardstock. Layer one of the lace circles onto the stitched circle. Stamp the sentiment and die cut with a Stitched Fishtail die. Die cut the smallest Entwined hearts from pattern paper.
6. Adhere the circle “fold card” just above the top of the weave pattern paper (so that it opens freely). Use pop tape to adhere the bird, presents, hearts and sentiment. Add a couple of gems (diamond dots).
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Diamond Dots (gems)
Black Permanent Ink