Hi there! It’s Suzanne here to share a get-ready-for-summer project. What is better than going on holidays with friends and/or family and collecting sweet memories of the days when you lived, loved and laughed together? Leave a journal and a jar filled with pencils and pens out on the table to invite impromptu journal entries by one and all!
This is a bit more of a concept than a set of instructions. It’s suitable for any size journal with just a few adjustments. I have had this blank journal filled with kraft paper pages for many years. I think it was waiting for this day!
- Select a blank journal! You might want to choose one with heavier pages so treasures can be glued in.
- Select three pieces of “beachy” background paper. I chose very weathered looking papers. Layer the sheets in varying widths as shown in the project photo. The size of the papers will depend on the size of your journal. Distress the left edge of each sheet and adhere the layers. Trim the right side and top and bottom edges to match the size of the cover.
- Die cut Live, Laugh and Love from the same paper. Back with Clear Double Sided Adhesive prior to cutting. Tear a rectangular panel of contrasting colour long enough to accommodate the three diecuts. Adhere diecuts and panel to the journal cover.
- Die cut the shells and overlays from contrasting colours and attach them to the cover in an arrangement that pleases you.
- Wrap some jute twine or other fiber(s) around the cover as a low profile embellishment.
- Open to the first page and create a memory!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Maja Designs patterned cardstock
Die cutting machine