Hi everyone – Helen here! I thought for today’s card I should challenge myself to tackle one of those trickier male cards. Fortunately, Karen Burniston has created some wonderful products perfect for celebrating the boys and men in your life!
Instructions for making the card:
1. Using the Accordion Circle Card die set cut four panels from kraft cardstock, and four more from differing patterned papers. Trim the tabs and the inner circles from the patterned paper panels.
2. For the first panel of the card, cut the two circles, clock face and hands, as shown below. The larger circle was made with a die from the Accordion Circle Card die set, and the smaller with a circle punch. Use dark brown ink and a sponge applicator to ink round the edges of the patterned paper pieces.
3. Assemble the first panel as shown below, using a brad through the clock hands and smaller circle. Stick the smaller circle on with foam pads.
4. For the second panel of the card, cut the circle, ‘TIME’ letters and ‘Birthday’ as shown below. (The circle was made with a die from the Accordion Circle Card die set.) Stamp ‘Pardner’ in dark brown ink, and cut a larger orange border rectangle for it. Ink the edges of the patterned papers.
5. Assemble the second panel as shown below, sticking the ‘Pardner’ pieces on with foam pads.
6. For the third panel of the card, cut another circle using the same die, a piece of twine, and four flags from folded over pieces of patterned paper. Ink the edges of the patterned papers.
7. Tape the ends of the twine to the back of patterned paper circle, before sticking it to the panel. Glue on the flags as shown below.
8. For the last panel of the card, cut another circle, and pieces from the Props 6 die set as shown below. Cut by hand the little decorative parts of the boots. Ink the edges.
9. Assemble the last panel as shown below, sticking the hat and boots on with foam pads. Make a little lasso by coiling up some kraft twine, and tie another piece of twine round it to secure it. Glue on the lasso.
10. Finally, attach all of the panels to each other, and you are done!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
- Accordion Circle Card (769)
- Clock and Gears (917)
- Alphabet 1 – Caps (967)
- Happy Birthday PopUp (947)
- Cocoa Western Clear Stamps (CS008)
- Props 6 (1098)
- Kraft Cardstock
- Patterened Papers (Basic Grey’s ‘Hey Boy’ 12 x 12 Pad)
- Gold Cardstock
- Dark Brown Cardstock
- Turquoise Brad
- Bark Brown Ink
- Sponge Applicator
- Bakers Twine, Kraft Twine
- Trimmer, Scissors
- Tape Runner, Foam Pads, Liquid Glue