Hi, Candy here! I know you are preparing for Thanksgiving tomorrow, but Christmas is right around the corner, so I thought I would share an idea for a special holiday card. This card began as an experiment. I wanted to use the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape to make plaid. I love how it turned out and it was much easier than it looks! Here’s how …
1. Cut ivory cardstock 4 x 5 1/4″ and 2 3/4 x 3 1/4″. Set smaller piece aside.
3. Lift cardstock off of the table, turn over and snip off the excess tape. “WASTE NOT” TIP from Judi Kauffman: Save the scraps each time you trim tape at the sides of the cardstock. Place the scraps onto the slick side of a release sheet left over from another project. Use these misshapen scraps to hold layers together on future cards.
4. Peel backing off tape and add Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. (TIP: Start with your darkest color of glitter and then work toward your lightest color so you do not change the colors as you go.)
5. Add the next layer of tape and glitter. Continue to alternate sizes of tape and colors glitter until you are happy with the plaid.
6. Trim the edges off the cardstock and center onto a premade card base (4 1/4 x 5 1/2″).
7. Cut out 5 Part Pine from green cardstock. Stack pieces together and adhere to small piece of ivory cardstock.
8. Distress and ink the edges of the ivory cardstock with the tree on it. Adhere to plaid.
9. Add Glitter Dots for tree ornaments and clip a star off of the Star Border to add to the top of the tree.
10. Add Season’s Greetings to the bottom of the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Cardstock in Ivory and Green