This is Diane with a winter card for you!
Up North in Quebec, winter has shown its nose quite early this year and we’ve already had our first snow storm! That triggered my motivation to start my Christmas cards and this one was oh so much fun to make. A little bird told me that it was about time I started playing with the new winter and Christmas dies from Joset’s collection, so I did just that!
Here are the steps to make this card:
Step 1: Background
- To make this card you need a 11 X 5 1/2 inches piece of White Soft Finish cardstock, folded in half to make a square 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut a 5 1/4 inches square out of some red cardstock.
- Cut a 5 inch square out of some patterned blue cardstock.
- Adhere each layers on top of each other with some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
Step 2: Bird house
- Using the Dog House (#1668) die set, die cut the house in a light brown cardstock;
- With some red cardstock, die cut the roof of the dog house;
- Die cut a dark brown square to cover the back of the door.
Step 3: Wreath
- Using the wreath in the Reindeer (#1681) die set, die cut it in green cardstock;
- Using the same die set, die cut some big and some small lights in yellow, red and blue cardstock;
- Using the back of the Pointed Tweezers, do some small veins on the wreath;
- With some Kids Choice Glue, adhere the “lights” all around the wreath;
- Add some a small drop of glue on the “lights” and sprinkle some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters.
Step 4: Snowflakes
- Die cut twice the snow flakes plate using the Snow Globe Scene (#1410) die set on to some White Soft Finish cardstock doubled with a Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet;
- Peel of the adhesive sheet and cover with some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters. Rub off the glitters with fingers to make the snowflakes really sparkle.
Step 5: The bird
- Die cut all the parts of the bird and the branch out of White Soft Finish cardstock using the Winter Bird (#1685) die set;
- Color each part with ink markers.
- With Kids Choice Glue, adhere some wiggle eyes on the face and glue all the parts of the bird;
- Roll slightly the bird on a pen to give it a bit of dimension.
- Die cut the snow for the branch White Soft Finish cardstock doubled with a Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet;
- Peel of the adhesive sheet and cover with some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitters. Rub off the glitters with fingers to make the snow also really sparkle;
- Adhere the snow on the branch.
The final touch…
- On the card base, and using some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the bird house (dog house) on the card;
- Put some foam adhesive on the back of the wreath and the branch, and adhere both on the card;
- Put some foam adhesive on the back of the bird and adhere to the tip of the branch;
- With some Kids Choice Glue, adhere the snowflakes on the background.
Here’s an other look at the final card !
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and hope to see you again soon!
Here’s the ECD products used on this card:
- Bazzill Cardstock (different colors)
- Copic Markers (different colors)
- Wiggly eyes