Hello Crafty Friends. This is Selma Stevenson today and I have designed a card using Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s CountryScapes die sets. I don’t think any of us are quite ready for snow, but it I’m sure it won’t be long. Here is how I created this card.
- This is a 6 x 6 inch card. Cover the front with a slightly smaller piece of light gray card stock.
- Die cut one Fox using Susan’s CountryScapes Critters 2 die set. Color using markers.
- Use the CountryScapes Woods 1 die set to die cut two trees. Just use the main tree die – not the extra branches
- Use the CountryScapes Critters 1 die set to die cut two Cardinals. Color them with markers.
- Use the CountryScapes Country Fence die to die cut two fences. Use one fence to cut off the vertical fence posts. Glue these over the fence rails. This gives a little dimension to the fence. Color using brown and black markers. When drawing in the black lines on the fence, make them vertical on the posts and horizontal on the rails (the same lengthwise direction as the grain in the logs).
- Use the CountryScapes Backyard 1 die set to die cut the Wagon Wheel. Color with markers.
- Use the A Way With Words – 4 Seasons die set to die cut the “Winter” sentiment out of white card stock.
- Use Karen Burniston’s Outdoor Edges die set to cut 4 snow banks, and die cut one edge that has the pine trees.
- To assemble the card, start by attaching the Winter sentiment to the upper left side of the card.
- Attach the snow banks so they are alternating as shown. Start with the tree edge and work your way down. When attaching these pieces, only add glue to the sides and bottom leaving the top open so you can tuck in the other die cut pieces.
- Cut the die cut fence into two pieces, making the piece that will attach to the right side of the card just a little longer than the second piece that will attach to the left side. Attach the fence behind the second snow bank from the bottom.
- Cut the bottom off one of the trees and attach it so it appears to be a bare bush along the side of the fence on the left side. Attach the tall tree in front of the fence on the right side.
- Attach the Wagon Wheel on the left side so it appears to be leaning again the fence post.
- Attach the Fox at the bottom of the card right on top of the edge of the snow. Lightly draw in little foot prints that go across the bottom of the card to show his tracks.
- Add the Cardinals. Place one on the right fence post and one in the tall tree.
- Add falling snowflakes to the scene with Wedding Dress irRESISTible Pico Embellisher or any glittery-glue or sparkly pen.
The following products are from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Other Products used:
Markers of your choice
Wedding Dress irRESTible Pico Embellisher