Hello!! It’s Wanda here. I love the colors of Fall and the not so hot days. It’s a beautiful time of the year. Today’s card celebrates Autumn, its wonderful colors, and friendship.
To make the card:
- Cut Autumn and Best Wishes from White 100# Soft Finish Cardstock. Save the word Best for another project (it’s great paired up with Friends).
2. Cut Friends from White 100# Soft Finish Cardstock. Carefully cut the ‘s’ off following the curve of the ‘d’.
3. Cut White 85# Soft Finish Cardstock 6″ square. Color piece using Distress Inks in Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door, and Fossilized Amber using the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique. I put the 3 colors on my craft sheet, sprayed them with water, smeared the paper in the inks, dried it, lightly pressed the paper in again to pick up drops and dried it.
4. Use the largest Dotted Scallop Square to cut a piece from the center. Set aside the leftover frame to use on another project.
5. Deepen the color around the edge and in some areas of the panel by sponging on Distress Ink.
6. Die cut 3 small leaves from the panel. Use Vintage Photo ink around the edges of the leaf-shaped holes. Cut a piece of 85# Soft Finish Cardstock 5″ square. Add Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Tea Dye to the panel in the area that would show through the leaves. Be sure not to get any ink close the edges so they stay white. Flick the panel with water and dry.
7. Adhere the two panels together.
8. Cut 2 large leaves from colored paper. I just dug in my scrap bin and pulled something out that would match but you could make another piece using Distress Inks. Ink the edges of all the leaves with Distress Inks Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. Detail and shape the leaves using Susan’s Garden Tools.
9. Attach words to panel, wrap panel with twine, attach leaves, and add stickers to the word ‘Friend’.
10. Cut Rust Soft Finish Cardstock 5 1/2″ x 11″; score and fold to make a top-fold card. Attach panel to card base.
Thanks for following along!!! I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s card!!
Elizabeth Craft Design’s Supplies —
- A Way With Words – 4 Seasons
- A Way With Words – Best Wishes
- A Way With Words – Friends
- Els Van de Burgt Studio – Dotted Scallop Squares
- Susan’s Garden – Woodland Leaves
- Susan’s Garden – Tools, Leaf Pad, Molding Pad
- 100# White Soft Finish Cardstock
- 85# White Soft Finish Cardstock
- Rust Soft Finish Cardstock
- Glitter Dots – Silver/Gold
Other Supplies —
- Distress Ink – Carved Pumpkin, Barn Door, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo (Ranger Ink)
- Adhesive of choice