Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances Byrne here and it is my turn to post a tutorial for you. Today I am sharing a shaker card using the new Frame It / Stitched Ovals die set and the cute April Showers stamp set.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Place the third largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set onto a piece of yellow cardstock.
- Place the smallest oval from the Frame It / Stitched Ovals die set in the centre of the frame.
- Secure both dies with removal tape and run through die cutting machine.
Step 2 –
- Using the circle pattern stamp from the April Showers Clear Stamp set, stamp the image all over the cardstock panel using dark yellow ink.
- Sponge the outer and inner edges of the frame with the same ink.
Step 3 –
- Using the same rectangle die used in step 1, die cut another rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Place the white rectangle under the yellow frame and use black ink to stamp the sentiment from the April Showers Clear Stamp set onto the white cardstock as shown in the photo.
- Using yellow ink, stamp the cloud/sun overlapping the word ‘sunshine’ as shown.
Step 4 –
- Using the same rectangle die, die cut two rectangles from acetate.
- Adhere one of the acetate rectangles to the back of the yellow rectangle..
- Adhere foam tape to the back of the rectangle, ensuring that there is foam tape close to all edges of the oval opening. (Note: Remove the stickiness from the edges of the foam tape with anti-static powder tool. Also use the powder on the acetate to prevent the shaker elements (sequins, crystals) from sticking to the tape at the sides of the oval.
- After adding the shaker elements, remove protective backing from the second side of the foam tape and adhere the second acetate rectangle over the panel.
Step 5 –
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Dashing Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from orange cardstock.
- Adhere shaker panel to the centre of the orange rectangle.
Step 6 –
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score at 4 1/4 inches and fold to create a top- fold card base.
- Adhere shaker panel.
Step 7 –
- Using black permanent ink, stamp the April Showers Clear Stamp set, stamp the girl, raincoat, boots, duck and three ducklings onto White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Color images and die cut using coordinating dies.
- Adhere the girl, duck and ducklings to the front of the card using foam tape for the larger images and liquid adhesive for the ducklings.
Step 8 –
- Adhere the raincoat and boots to the inside of card referring to photo above for placement.
- Using black ink, stamp a sentiment from the Banner Sentiments Clear Stamp set between the boots and raincoat as shown.