Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances Byrne here and it’s my turn to share a tutorial with you all today. With the 4th of July being less than 2 weeks away, I thought I would create a shaker card to celebrate the occasion.
Of course, living in Australia I don’t actually celebrate the holiday, but I had fun playing with a number of the new die sets which included the 4th of July & Frame It/Stitched Rectangle die sets.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of blue cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches, score and fold along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches to create a 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch top-folding card base.
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere to the centre of the card base.
Step 2 –
- Starting with blue cardstock, centre the third largest rectangle from the Garden Notes – Frame it Stitched Rectangles die set into the largest rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set. Die cut frame.
- Remove the inner rectangle die from the two dies and replace with the next smaller rectangle from the die set and die cut a piece of white cardstock.
- Repeat this process each time using a smaller rectangle and die cut a piece of red cardstock and then another piece of blue cardstock.
- Layer all rectangles together so you have the larger blue frame at the top and finishing with the smallest blue frame at the bottom.
- Using the solid star from the Summer Fun Sentiment set stamp stars around the large blue frame using VersaMark ink.
Step 3 –
- Place the frame over the folded card and mark around the opening in the centre of the frame onto the white cardstock on the front of the folded card.
- Remove the frame and stamp the sentiment “Happy 4th of July” to the centre of the white cardstock using black ink.
Step 4 –
- Add foam tape all around the front of the base card so that the foam tape is slightly in from the mark placed on the white card in step 3.
- Using the two star decorative pieces from the 4th of July die set, die cut stars from red, white and blue cardstock. ( I die cut each color 4 times to get enough stars).
- Place all the stars in the centre of the base card. Carefully remove protective backing from foam tape.
- Add acetate to the back of the opening of the red, white and blue frame created in step 2 and adhere to the foam tape on the front of the card.
Step 5 –
- Die cut two large star bursts from the 4th of July die set from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front.
- Remove protective backing and cover the adhesive with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish glitter with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Die cut the hat and two fireworks from the 4th of July die set from red, white and blue cardstock. Assemble images.
- Adhere silver starbursts, hat and fireworks to opposite corners of the card.
Step 6 – Inside of Card:
- Using the second largest rectangle from the Fitted Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from red cardstock.
- Using the third largest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set, die cut a rectangle from white cardstock.
- Die cut the word “Celebrate” from the Words 1 – Celebration die set from red cardstock and adhere to the top centre of card as per photo above.
- Using the Blackboard Alphabet die set, die cut the letters U S A from blue cardstock and adhere to the bottom left hand corner of card.
- Die cut the American flag from the 4th of July die set, assemble and adhere to the bottom right hand corner of card.
- Adhere panel to inside of card.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.