It’s Tanja here and I would like to show you how to create this Mixed Media Flower Tag:
Step 1 – Create a Mixed Media Tag.
- Cover a sturdy white tag with gesso
- Add color with Distress Paint (Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord)
- Create some texture by applying gesso through a stencil and by stamping script and a dot pattern with Archival Ink Watering Can
- Spread some crackle paste over random spots and let everything dry thoroughly
Step 2 – Create the Lilac using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Notes Lilac 2 die set.
- Cut the base once from very sturdy kraft cardstock and once from 270gr White Soft Finish Cardstock
- Cut five leaves, the plate with the larger flowers four times and the smaller flowers twice, also from White SFC
- Add color to the white cardstock using alcohol markers
- Shape the elements with the Susan’s Garden Tool Kit
- Create the flower right on the tag
- Shade flowers with purple and green PanPastels; add green Prills to the center of the flowers
- Add two sentiment stickers
- Dye a piece of torn seam binding with Distress Ink Dusty Concord and add to the tag
Step 3 – Cut out a ladybug from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Notes Bugs & Butterflies die set.
- Color, shape it and adhere it to one of the leaves – to achieve a shiny, more realistic look add a thick coat of Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top
I hope you got inspired to create your own paper garden with the wonderful Susan’s Garden die sets.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Paint (Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord)
Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
Archival Ink (Watering Can)
Nuvo Crystal Glaze