It’s Joset here today showing this “We Flamingo Together” card using the new Flamingos and Tropical Florals dies and the new Beach Sentiments stamps. I love the new Flamingos as they can be used for so many types of cards. There are two flamingos in the set and they are slightly different is size. I thought the flowers would be a nice addition to the card.
- Cut Celadon Green Soft Finish Cardstock 7″ x 10″. Score at 5″ and fold in half to create the card base.
- Cut patterned paper 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ and adhere to card front.
- Cut 2 Dashing Rectangles from White Soft Finish Cardstock, the larger one for the background of the flamingos and the smaller one for the sentiment. Adhere the background rectangle to the card front oriented vertically as shown and stamp the sentiment on the smaller one using black ink.
- Cut all the pieces for 2 flamingos from White Soft Finish Cardstock and color with Distress Inks using a round Mini Ink Blending Tool. Use Spun Sugar for the legs, wings and lighter part of the beak of the flamingos and Worn Lipstick for the bodies. On the body part of the flamingos use a fine nib black marker to color a small black circle where the hole of the eye is located, also use the marker to color the beak as shown. Assemble flamingos and adhere to card front.
- Adhere sentiment using foam tape for dimension.
- Cut all the pieces for the two flowers from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color with Distress Inks. Use Picked Raspberry for the flower petals, Mustard Seed for the center and Tea Dye for the stamen.
- Adhere layers to complete the flowers. Adhere to card front using foam tape for dimension.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Die cutting machine
Misti stamp tool
Round Mini Ink Blending Tool
Distress Ink in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Tea Dye