Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances Byrne here today and it’s my turn to share a tutorial with you. My project is a Pocket Card using the ModaScrap Lace Card die set.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of cardstock in color of choice to 6 inches x 9 1/2 inches.
- Place the ModaScrap Lace Card die along the bottom of the card so that the straight edge of the die is aligned straight across (this will create the score line for the pocket).
- Die cut; weed out all of the little pieces from the intricate design that haven’t fallen out when the cardstock is removed from the die.
- Fold along the score line created by the die and then unfold. Fold in tabs at side of lace design.
- Line the cardstock in a trimmer so that the folded tab is level with the cutting line and trim excess card from the solid portion of the cardstock.
- Remove card from trimmer, flip and trim other side.
- Place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the tabs.
- Fold over tabs and adhere to the base of the solid cardstock area to form the pocket card.
- Trim top of pocket card to 5 1/4 inches high.
Step 2 –
- Cut a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap ‘Relax in the Garden’ Patterned Paper Pack to 5 inches square.
- Cut a piece of cream cardstock 5 inches x 1 1/4 inches.
- Cut a piece of pink cardstock 5 inches x 1 1/2 inches.
- Layer the two pieces of cardstock and adhere to the upper portion of the patterned paper. Tip: Place paper into pocket before adhering the layered cardstock strip to gauge the best position.
- Using the A Way with Words – Just For You die set, die cut the sentiment from pale green cardstock and adhere to strip at top of the card.
- Stamp three small flowers from the Color My Flowers Clear Stamp set, die cut using coordinating dies. Color. Attach flowers around sentiment.
Step 3 –
- Cut a piece of cream cardstock that measures 5 inches square.
- Using the ‘xxxx’ edge from the Decorative Edges 1 die set, place the die so it is on the edge of the cardstock, using a piece of low-tack removable tape on the die so it doesn’t move. Tip: Before die cutting ensure that the die is centred on the cardstock as you can see in the second photo above.
- Die cut.
- Repeat this on the opposite end of the cream square so decorative border is at the top and the bottom.
Step 4 –
- Adhere the cream cardstock to the back of the patterned paper panel.
- Adhere a Glitter Border Peel Off Sticker underneath the die cut edge created in step 3.
Step 5 –
- Using the Color My Flowers Clear Stamp set, stamp one large flower; three small flowers and three leaves on White Soft Finish Cardstock with black ink.
- Die cut images using coordinating dies.
- Color as desired.
- Arrange and adhere flowers toward the lower left hand corner of card.
- Stamp sentiment from the Birthday Sentiments Clear Stamp set toward upper right hand corner.
Insert the card into the pocket and the project is complete.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Cardstock – Pink, Cream