It’s Karen here. A couple of weeks ago the designers were challenged to make pop-up cards using the General Pop-Ups die set. I remember making my first pop-up with all the crazy measuring, scoring and folding. Now, with this die set, it is SO easy! I was inspired to make a Z-fold card by my good friend Sharon and decided to include a pop-up.
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score into thirds and fold from the left with a mountain fold, and on the right a valley fold, creating the ‘Z’.
2. Cut two pieces of patterned paper from the Unconventional Christmas 12×12 collection. One is for the card front at 3-3/4″ x 4″. The other is for the inside at 6-5/8″ x 4″. On the inside piece, score and fold from the right at 4″. Lay the General Pop-up die at the fold, and run through a die-cutting machine. Then pull up the pop-up and fold on the score lines that are made by the die.
3. Stamp the three images from the Reindeer & Birds clear stamps with permanent black ink. Color the images with the Copic colors shown in the photos below. There are no pictures of the other two images being colored, but they use the same Copic markers.
4. Die cut the above image centered within a Stitched Circles die. Die cut the tree and the other reindeer with the Reindeer & Birds Coordinating Dies.
5. Layer the circle onto green cardstock that was cut with a Dotted Scallop Circles die. Adhere to the patterned paper and then to the card front.
6. Layer a 3/4″ strip of the dots pattern paper onto a 1″ strip of green cardstock. Layer this on lace on the right side of the inside.
7. Put adhesive on the back of the right-side of the inside and place into the fold of the Z-card. Then place adhesive on the part that isn’t sealed down and fold the card onto the adhesive.
6. Stamp the sentiment from the Christmas Christmas Acrylic Clear Stamps to the inside of the card.
7. Glue the tree to the pop-up; glue the reindeer just to the right of it.
8. Add some Nuvo Drops to the front for embellishment.
Thank you for stopping by!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Permanent Black Ink