Hello, it’s Diana here to share a card with you featuring roses. It’s snowing outside right now and I need a bit of summer for just a bit, though I do love the snow. Roses always make me think of summer and my mom – it’s not as easy to grow roses as one would think but my mom loved them because they were one of the few perennials that would bloom all summer long. And she was so generous with her plants – so this quote is perfect for the flower lover in your life – especially if they love roses! Below are the directions to make this card.
- Use watercolors to make a vibrant wash of desired colors (here I did red, orange, yellow, and green) on watercolor paper and set aside to dry.
- While waiting for the watercolor to dry, die cut 3 of the rose outlines from white cardstock.
- Stamp the Chinese Proverb from the A Bit of Fragrance Collection onto white card stock. Cut with a circle die.
- Die cut the roses, leaves, and slightly larger circle out of the watercolor washed paper. Glue the white outline of the rose on top of the solid rose die cut.
- Trim white card stock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and emboss with embossing folder.
- Make a card base from olive green cardstock cut to 4 1/4″ and 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ and folded in half.
- Arrange and adhere all die cut pieces as shown in the photo below. I used foam tape on the orange rose and one of the green leaves as well as for the stamped sentiment.
Thank you so much for being here at the blog today.
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White and olive green cardstock
Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folder – Quilts