Hi Everyone. It’s Tina here today for the Coloring Team. You now have a little over 4 weeks to get your holiday cards/projects completed. Below is a sample of a quick and easy card that looks intricate but it really isn’t. Below you will find the easy steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Trim Gold Shimmer Sheetz 4” x 5 1/4” and adhere to front of card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 – Trim White Soft Finish Cardstock 3 3/4” x 5”. Optional – If you have a snowflake embossing folder run it through your die cut machine. If not, leave it blank and adhere to the front of your card.
- Step 4 – Die cut two Adventure Edges from White Soft Finish Cardstock to create snowbanks. Adhere the back (top) snowbank with 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 5 – Stamp ‘Christmas Greetings from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamps set onto the second snowbank with embossing ink. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set. Adhere this snowbank to the card front using foam tape for dimension.
- Step 6 – Stamp Winter Bears and all of the other stamps shown below with embossing ink. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set. Color in all the stamped images using medium of your choice. (I used ProMarkers, alcohol markers from Winsor & Newton, for easy blending.) Die cut all stamped and colored pieces with the matching die set. Adhere to card using Kids Choice Glue for some of the pieces and foam tape for the pieces that need more dimension!
- Step 7 – Optional: Accent some of the stamped pieces by adding shimmer and shine with Wink of Stella.
- TIP: To make your own foam tape – Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to both sides of a piece of fun foam (craft foam). Leave the release sheet on the adhesive until you’re ready to use a piece. Cut into strips or any size you need.
I hope you found this tutorial fun and easy. You can change this card to suit any occasion by changing the Adventure Edges and/or color combination, stamps and greeting. (For example: Green hillsides rather than snow, ‘Thinking of You’ or ‘Happy Birthday’ for the sentiment, plus a puppy, bird or kitten instead of the polar bear and some butterflies instead of the stars and snowflakes.)
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Embossing Ink Pad
Embossing Powder Gold
Winston & Newton Promarkers
Wink Of Stella Shimmer Pen
Fun Foam or Foam Tape