Hi Everyone. It’s Tina here today for the Coloring Team. Have you seen the new stamp collection from Krista Schneider? It has you covered for just about any occasion from Halloween to birthdays, From Christmas to summer, and Just Because! Christmas is just a couple of mont’s away and now is the time to start creating your cards and projects. I have a super fun card to get you started. Below are the steps to replicate this card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – On the front of the card select the area you want to stamp the Penguin image. Stamp Penguin image to that area using Memento ink or any other permanent ink that will allow you to color with alcohol markers. Create a mask to cover the stamped area so you can create your background. (Either stamp the Penguin image on a sticky note or die cut a mask from a sticky note. If using the die, there will be a white area around the penguin. I chose the first option.) Position the mask over the stamped penguin.
- Step 3 – Die cut a border from a scrap piece of paper using Adventure Edges to create another mask. Place the die cut paper so the penguin’s feet are covered. Secure the mask. (This will allow the penguin to stand in white snow!).
- Step 4 – Begin applying Distress Inks (or ink of your choice) on the upper part of the card above the hillside and around the penguin.
- Step 5 – Optional: Before removing the masks, use a Shimmer Spritz Spray to add shine to the background as shown. Remove the masks. Allow the card to dry.
- Step 6 – Color the image with alcohol markers (I used Winsor & Newton ProMarkers). Optional: Use colored pencils or another coloring medium of choice.
- Step 7 – Using black ink, stamp sentiment from Holiday Cheer Clear Stamps set.
I hope you enjoyed this super easy holiday card. This card can be for other occasions by changing the stamp, sentiment and background. Below is a supply list for your convenience.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Shimmer Spritz Spray
Winsor & Newton ProMarkers
Memento ink in Black