Hello everyone, it´s Sanna here today and it´s my turn to post a tutorial for the Die Cutting Design Team. I wanted to keep creating “spookalicious” cards, so as a result I made a black and white clean and simple style Halloween card. If you are looking for a simple and easy to do card idea, this might be of interest to you.
Here is what I did:
1. Take a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock and cut, score and fold it to create a top-fold card base. Cut a piece of Black Soft Finish Cardstock that is slightly smaller than the card front.
2. Die cut several Ghosts, one Fishtail Border and the ‘Boo’ overlay (thin letters) from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
3. Die cut a second Fishtail Border and the silhouette (shadow) for the word ‘Boo’ from black cardstock.
4. Arrange the ghosts on the black rectangle as shown. Adhere using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Trim excess at the edges of the black cardstock. Add small extra pieces of the ghosts to help fill the space and create the illusion of an all-over pattern.
5. Take the Fishtail Borders and adhere them together with a strip of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Adhere the top and the bottom piece of the word “Boo” together with paper glue.
6. Take a piece of twine and wrap it around the Fishtail Borders piece twice. Tie a knot on the back and adhere to the ghost background using 3D foam squares. This adds additional dimention.
7. Draw faux stitching to the Fishtail Borders piece with a white gel pen and adhere dimensional eyes to the ghosts and to the two Os in the word ‘Boo’ for a fun detail. All done!
As you see, this card is really very simple to make. You can use the idea of a fishtail banner with a sentiment and a repeat pattern below it for various themes, not just Halloween. I created a short start-to-finish video to go with the steps. Hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by – have fun creating!!!