Hi Everyone, Christine here with a card I designed for Susan’s Garden Design Team. My card was created using Susan’s newly released Garden Notes Peony 2 along with the Rose 3 and several other dies.
Here is how card was created.
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 6″ x 12″,score at 6″ fold on score line to form a card base. This is a tent-fold card.
- Using the largest Stitched Ovals die, cut oval from patterned paper (Moda Scrap Sweet Vintage Rose Collection 6″ x 6″ used here).
- Cut contrasting patterned paper to 6″ x 6″ and adhere to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Adhere patterned paper piece with oval cut out over this.
- Using second largest Stitched Ovals die, cut a frame from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive prior to die cutting. Center smaller die inside larger one. Use washi or other low tack tape on back side of dies to hold in place. Attach to card front inside oval opening.
- Cut Garden Notes Pottery Pitcher from clear plastic. (Tip: Save clear plastic packaging, alterntively use a sheet of clear acetate.) Emboss with embossing folder of your choice. Cut top off pitcher to create a bowl! Lay face down on Molding Mat using largest ball tool from Garden Notes 4 piece Tool Set rub all over back giving it some shape. Using Kids Choice Glue applied to sides and bottom (leave top open) attach to card front at bottom of oval. This may take some extra holding to make sure it adheres. Use low tack tape if needed.
- Create flowers: (2) Garden Notes Rose 3, (2) Garden Notes Peony 2, (1) Garden Notes Lilac, (1) large and (1) small Garden Notes Ivy Vine, (1) Garden Notes Stems. Also cut Garden Notes Hyacinth petals twice and (1) Garden Notes Iris stem or other branch or stem to attach Hyacinth petals to. NOTE: Use colored cardstock for all your flowers or use White Soft Finish Cardstock and shade with PanPastels or markers – I used colored cardstock.
- Shade, shape and construct your flowers. The small purple flowers are made from Hyacinth florets, using a dark purple marker to add a dot at the center of each one prior to cupping/shaping with the medium ball stylus tool. Attach the little Hyacinth flowers to the Iris stem after bending stems over.
- Build your bouquet starting with Garden Notes Stems. Stems may need to be cut off at the bottom so they fit into the bowl. Arrange and rearrange the bouquet until you are pleased, then adhere with Kids Choice Glue.
Hope that you have enjoyed this project today. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to see all the wonderful products that they offer.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!
Washi or other low tack tape
Clear plastic from packaging, or acetate sheet
Colored cardstock of your choice