Hi All! It’s Angela here today. I am so excited to be writing my first post for the Susan’s Garden Design Team! Today’s card is one inspired by my time in Northern New Brunswick, Canada, on the shores of the Bay Chaleur. I get to spent a couple of months here every summer. This time of year the wild flowers are glorious! My father’s field is covered in buttercups and wonderful purple iris. So of course I had to create a card with Susan’s Garden Notes Iris and CountryScapes – Land and Sea.
Here is how to replicate my card –
Step 1 – Creating the flowers:
- To create the flowers follow Susan’s instructions in her video.
Step 2 – Creating the base:
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock to 11.5 X 5.25 inches. Score and fold at 5.5 inches along the long side. Set aside.
- From the Susan’s CountryScapes – Land and Sea die set, choose the lighthouse die to cut a 5 inch square of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Colour the top half with light blue PanPastels. Colour the bottom half to look like the scene on the die set packaging using PanPastels and Copic Markers. Set aside.
- Choose a piece of Els’s Through the Lens – Wood 6 x 6 cardstock and trim to 5.25 x 5.25 inches. Back it with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. Die cut the largest Entwined Circles from the center.
- Cut this same large circle from white cardstock and colour using Copic markers to complement the Wood pattern cardstock and the lighthouse.
- Arrange and adhere all pieces as shown in the photo. Add the Irises last.